Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik talks Andre Ward showdown in the works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to be Gatti vs. De La Hoya or Mayweather all over again, Pavlik has no chance, his people must not care about his career, just one last payday.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      I'm one of hte few posters who likes Pavlik, and think he's a better boxer than he's credited for.

But fighting Andre Ward for his next fight is a stupid move. I mean, I give him all the props in the world going directly for the best boxer in the division, and I imagine HBO/Showtime will be willing to pay him at, or near seven figures. . .

But don't you guys think he could another fight on HBO/Showtime against a much better opponent (stylistically). . . Like Edwin Rodriguez?

Or even traveling to Europe to fight Kessler (should he beat Magee), or Abraham. . Or trying to lure Degale over to USA, or ****, going to England to fight him?

It'd be better to preserve his career by beating one of those guys (which I think he absolutely has a good chance of beating all those boxers I mentioned), getting paid not quite as much, but still good. . AND THEN (if he wins), go after Ward?
      I like Pavlik and he's making a good decision. Win win situation for him. The question should be what is Ward thinking? Pavlik has power and so what if Ward wins? It's a lose lose situation for him. However I'm sure he's getting paid very well TOO.

I would MUCH rather see Pavlik vs Froch or Kessler. Great style match ups IMO. I would also rather see Ward just move up to LHW. Nobody beats him at SMW. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
        Pavlik will be a nice name on Wards resume.
        The baby GOAT in for a fight!

Comment

Stupid fight.......

Comment

Way too big of an ego and/or has a death wish to be killed in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
              Way too big of an ego and/or has a death wish to be killed in the ring.
              You study drama in school or something?

Comment

This is the setup for a Chavez fight with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                  He is thinking he wants to fight the best and get paid a lot of money for doing it. Is this not what we want from our fighters to fight the best?
                  oh obviously, and I have no complaints about it from the stance of a boxing fan.

Just as a fan of Pavlik, I don't know why he wouldn't take a guy like Rodriguez, who would make a winnable fight for him, and I think a great fight for the fans too. I'm glad he's going to make the fight against Ward too.

I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with it - it's definitely a great thing. I'd just think Pavlik, and his team would try to take on somebody at the top of the division before going after the second best pound for pound boxer in the world coming off wins of Rosinsky, and Jaco.

Rodriguez got a favorable decision against Roskinsky, though, and Pavlik beat Rosinsky pretty soundly.

Comment

i made a thread just like this one today but it was somehow removed by admin. not sure why

Comment

Working...
                    X