No announcement yet.

So Goldenboy is giving up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Goldenboy is giving up?

They are just going to ride with Morales fighting some hobo. I've found that GBP and Top Rank use this tatic. They make fights on these PPV's that really don't sem realistic at the time. Then after tickets are sold and people have made the decsion to buy the PPV's they pull these unrealistic fights. It's funny that a week before the PPV and Matthysse was the only fighter we have'nt seen any pictures of from camp. This fight was never going to happen. People need to wake the **** up. They knew that the hardcore fan was'nt really buying what they were selling. So they had to create excitement buy adding a fight for the actual boxing fan. In all honesty who really wants to see any of these fights?

good theory....but I doubt tha lucas illness is a fake.

Comment

morales/matthyese wasnt really a good fight anyways

Comment

Morales at this point is on the hobo level.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
          They are just going to ride with Morales fighting some hobo. I've found that GBP and Top Rank use this tatic. They make fights on these PPV's that really don't sem realistic at the time. Then after tickets are sold and people have made the decsion to buy the PPV's they pull these unrealistic fights. It's funny that a week before the PPV and Matthysse was the only fighter we have'nt seen any pictures of from camp. This fight was never going to happen. People need to wake the **** up. They knew that the hardcore fan was'nt really buying what they were selling. So they had to create excitement buy adding a fight for the actual boxing fan. In all honesty who really wants to see any of these fights?

anything cAN HAPPEN IN THIS SPORT AND I THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN THAT BULL**** HAPPENED. im still buying tho its not bad for me i have over 5 friends to split the cost

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
            I agree, they likely drew this up and payed Matthysse some step-aside money, telling him that heres a few hundred K but we want Morales to get the belt. Why? Because when Matthysse pummels Morales to death he will defend it against good opposition, but now that Morales wins the belt they can hype it and market it as this great historical achievement and will milk suckers for 5 fights while he fights a bunch of Mexican dirt sweepers and cactus lickers then retires as a hero with his fake green belt.

Comment

You have 10 days to decide to buy the PPV or not

Plus the tickets sold arent to see that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                You have 10 days to decide to buy the PPV or not

Plus the tickets sold arent to see that fight
                Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  I agree, they likely drew this up and payed Matthysse some step-aside money, telling him that heres a few hundred K but we want Morales to get the belt. Why? Because when Matthysse pummels Morales to death he will defend it against good opposition, but now that Morales wins the belt they can hype it and market it as this great historical achievement and will milk suckers for 5 fights while he fights a bunch of Mexican dirt sweepers and cactus lickers then retires as a hero with his fake green belt.
                  **** you got in down my man. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
                    Spot on.
                    You really think people are there to see Floyd get another win from an overmatched and handpicked opponent. I don't know anyone who even know's who Floyd is nevermind dishing out money to watch him. This PPV is crap and we all know it including yourself. Alvarez will beat Gomez somewhat like Cotto did. Vargas will get another early ko. Morales will get a decision over a Corolla. Floyd will potshot his way to a 12 round decision. It's pretty sad when you can predict the entire card.

Comment

Working...
                    X