Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Juan Manuel Lopez move up in weight if he beats Israel Vazquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I'd go for it. It's big money, and probably an easy fight for him. And I love Israel. but he's coming off of 3 of the most brutal fights in recent memory, he should capitalize on that and cash in at the same time.

And the boost he would get in popularity would surely help him in negotiating future fights at 130lbs.
    I agree totally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
      Wow you guys are WAY too excited about this Lopez kid. Yes, Lopez should absolutely be chasing a linear champion, P4P fighter like Vazquez. Lopez might turn out to be something special at some point but Vazquez is an actual champion, not an unproven WBO "titlist".
      I'm a fan of Lopez, and I have to agree.

He needs to exposure, the money won't hurt, and he needs the stand out name of Vazquez on his record. Beating a guy like Izzy is a sure fire way to make an even bigger splash in this sport.

Comment

Just imagine what having Caballero and Vazquez on his record as wins would do for him. He could then move to 130lbs and go for the big fights in no time flat.

I see no reason why he shouldn't fight Izzy, regardless of what weight limit it's at.

Unless Vazquez flat out ducks him, which I doubt he'd ever do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Vazquez is Lineal at 122 at 126 he is ****. So the only thing he would bring is money to the table and his name. Vazquez is one of my favorites, but thats a fact.

And even tho Juanma is still unproven, hes combination of skills and power are terrefic. He will be as good as it gets in the future!!!!!!!
          Whether or not you believe Juanma will be as good as it gets in the future, it doesnt change the fact that Israel is the more proven, bigger name and more highly regarded fighter by a wide margin. You say Vazquez is **** at 126? What does that make Lopez? Lopez would be lucky to land a fight with a guy like Israel at any weight.
          Like I said before, Vazquez is a P4P fighter, Lopez is a glorified prospect whos biggest win is against an unskilled brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
            Whether or not you believe Juanma will be as good as it gets in the future, it doesnt change the fact that Israel is the more proven, bigger name and more highly regarded fighter by a wide margin. You say Vazquez is **** at 126? What does that make Lopez? Lopez would be lucky to land a fight with a guy like Israel at any weight.
            Like I said before, Vazquez is a P4P fighter, Lopez is a glorified prospect whos biggest win is against an unskilled brawler.
            I agree. i understand your point, but I just said that based on what Juanma is trying to do, it would be better for Juanma to fight Vazquez at 122. It will be a more credible fight!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              I agree. i understand your point, but I just said that based on what Juanma is trying to do, it would be better for Juanma to fight Vazquez at 122. It will be a more credible fight!!!!!!
              Absolutely. Make the fight for the Ring Belt, thats the best way to get it done.

Comment

I'd bet JuanMa's team doesn't want much to do w/ Caballero...He is tall and rangy and poses many problems plus he doesn't bring much to the table finacially!

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
                  I'd bet JuanMa's team doesn't want much to do w/ Caballero...He is tall and rangy and poses many problems plus he doesn't bring much to the table finacially!
                  WTF? Juanma will KO this fool with ease. Juanma have the more power and Caballeros defense is horrible and his boxing skills are not that good. So if he aint outboxing Juanma nor getting out of the way of the power shots, how he will beat Juanma!!!! Juanma will KO this guy within 6 Rounds!!!!!! I dont think is team is afraid!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X