No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the Kovalev Vs Pascal event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
    Sorry, that's not evidence to me. I want cold, hard, undeniable evidence.

I never said I have evidence. Pure speculation based on observation.

He would never say it as it's not exactly PC. Lennox is embracing his Afro roots.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Is anyone suprised that a vile bigot l
      You also need to stop calling me a vile bigot, bro.

I supported Obama in 2008. I'm going back and forth on Bernie and Hillary for this election. Bernie Sanders (free tuition money? Hellz yeah, i'll take it), and Hillary, since we need a first female president to help progress on gender equality and stuff. My list of fave fighters is diverse in race, religion, bro.

I'm sympathetic to the Black lives matter movement too. # justice for jamar clark

Comment

Nice recap. Lol at the racist Skills spreading his butthurt.

Comment

1. I noticed that Andre ward is still being slick on his answer about when exactly he will be facing Kovalev. Like an evasive politician.

2. I love the big screen entrances. Kovalev should try to have more fights in Canada if he can build up a fan base. He is never gonna get these kind of entrances fighting in a New Jersey promoted event.

4. I liked how Buffer announced Kovalev as the "universally recognized, undisputed Light-Heavyweight Champ" rubbing it to Al Haymon PBC. LOL-tastic.

5. I couldn't help but notice Andre Ward and Lennox Lewis sitting next to each other during the rounds, whispering to one another. The looked like two gossiping women. And knowing Lennox Lewis' afrocentric views, they were probably dying to see Pascal pull of the upset. Ward would cancel all his tune up's and sign up for a Pascal fight immediately if that were to happen.
          6. You could tell that Kovalev was enjoying dishing out pain to Pascal. There was a moment in round 6 with 25 seconds left where the ref was getting ready to stop it after a combination and Kovalev backed off not wanting it to be stopped just yet. Just incredible.

7. Kovalev has finally made the full-time transition over to being the ANTIHERO of boxing. A bad guy, and yet a fan favorite. The clacking sounds of a chicken he did, along with that ****y laugh after saying that Pascal lost the bet, was hilarious.

8. Tyson Fury's hijacking of Wilder's interview > Adnonis Stevenson pathetic attempt. Fury (while acting) did it from a position of strength after just beating Wlad, while Stevenson did it from a position of weakness. That was just cringeworthy, as well as his entourage who looked like a bunch of 1920's wannabe Depression Era gangsters with those hats.
          The bold kinda put a blemish on your overall opinion

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            well, don't know who duck who then but don't believe barrera is easy fight for beterbiev at all
            Well let me tell you the story...

That fight was a mandatory IBF fight scheduled for November 28... Hopkins, Monaghan, Pascal and Gonzalez all passed on Beterbiev... Fonfara had a fight against Cleverly on October 16... Barrera had a visa problem and GYM was willing to go fight in the US given the conditions were the same as he offered for the fight in Quebec city... Main-Events couldn't cope with that (as usual)... So GYM declined and setup the Murat/Beterbiev fight for November 28... Then Beterbiev got injured in training (shoulder) and Sullivan beat Murat for the IBF mando spot...

Beterbiev never ducked anyone...

And I don't think Barrera is on Artur's level at all...
            Last edited by Superbee; 01-31-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I talked about #1 last night. Ward admitted there is no contract signed. But all of his "fans" who were never fans before, still cling to the rumor that a fight is signed.

Comment

I talked about #1 last night. Ward admitted there is no contract signed. But all of his "fans" who were never fans before, still cling to the rumor that a fight is signed.
                Ward also said his opponent would probably be Barrera and gave a date and probable location for their fight. As already mentioned, Ward is cautious with his words so I don't think he would have mentioned Barrera if it wasn't practically a done deal.

Comment

Working...
                X