No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inside Notebook: Pacquiao's Decision, Arum on TMT, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    You can interpret the way you want it to. I doubt anyone could stop you from doing so.

Point is (don't know how many times do I have to say this) THE FIGHT ISN'T HAPPENING. You can repeat the same thing over and over again and it won't change a damn thing. Solution: Leave it, move on and stop bringing it up. Like I said, the impression people are getting from you Floyd fans is you don't want the fight, ironically, you're the first to bring it up.
    floyd and his fans have always wanted the fight. we just don't understand why it took so long for manny to allegedly accept OSDT.

Comment

Im a big Pac fan, and I don't like any of those fights for Pac.

Pac has trouble with movers and counterpunchers. Bradley from the gate will use what he learned in the first fight and not go toe to toe at ALL with Pac in a rematch. He will get on his bike, use his core movement, and shoeshine Pac for 12 rounds in a stinker of a fight.

JMM has Pac's number. He won the last fight, thats it. At the very least even the most staunchest of "Pac beat JMM 3 times" crowd will admit that Pac can't look good against JMM anymore. The only thing that presented those flash knockdowns in the first two fights was Pac's workrate and unpredictability, but his workrate has flagged recently and his predictability has increased. JMM will continue to look better and better against Pac.

Cotto. Well he'll try to weight drain Cotto won't he? I don't see Cotto doing that to himself but maybe. But it has a feeling of been there done that, even if he knocks Cotto out, which I doubt he can. Cotto was wildly undisciplined against Pac in the first fight. In a rematch he will not allow Pac to goad him into recklessness, and he will use his jab and movement to offset Pac, much the way he rematched Marg.

I want to see Pac fight a more self explanatory type of fighter that would guarantee a firefight. Maidana, or Lopez, or Garcia.. Berto and Ortiz were on my wishlist until the roid and jaw break incidents, but basically I want Pac to look GOOD in his next outing. Pairing him with more pure boxers and counterpunchers his a promotional idiocy! I don't know what Bob Arum is thinking. He's just about ready to dump Pac I guess because he is not making moves that are best for Pac's remaining career. As a Pac fan, I find it disgusting and perverse.

Comment

It's gonna be a Bradley rematch, it was already scheduled before the first fight. And Pac is gonna get robbed again if it goes the distance, Arum wants to use his older star to increase the resume and appeal of his younger star. Then a 4th JMM fight and it's a wrap for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
          Lol at Bradley boxing him senseless.
          He did it in the 10-12th on a broken leg he gimped the fight with since the 4th. Why can't he do it healthy??

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            floyd and his fans have always wanted the fight. we just don't understand why it took so long for manny to allegedly accept OSDT.
            Floyd has never wanted this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Floyd has never wanted this fight.
              all he's done is agree to manny's requests and ask he and manny to take OSDT. Manny refused. He guranteed manny $40 mil, which is about $12 mil more than manny makes per fight (ppv revenue included) and manny refused.

The guy who makes offers doesn't want it but the guy who refused twice does? That makes as much sense as believing someone is afraid of needles when the have tattoos.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                all he's done is agree to manny's requests and ask he and manny to take OSDT. Manny refused. He guranteed manny $40 mil, which is about $12 mil more than manny makes per fight (ppv revenue included) and manny refused.

The guy who makes offers doesn't want it but the guy who refused twice does? That makes as much sense as believing someone is afraid of needles when the have tattoos.
                Paq offered $50 million and Floyd refused. Easy fight, easy money for Floyd.

Comment

PLEASE spare us the treachery of another boring ass fight with JMM!!!

The only fight that makes sense and could come to fruition is Bradley to avenge that silly ass decision. Money ain’t gonna happen and Cotto cannot beat him as both Pac and Money have proven to be the only legit fighters that he has faced in his career above his level!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    He did it in the 10-12th on a broken leg he gimped the fight with since the 4th. Why can't he do it healthy??
                    So three rounds equals boxing Manny senseless? Ok.

Comment

Since Floyd is never going to fight Paq, both JMM4 and Bradly 2 are still interesting to see, IMHO. I would like to see Paq chase Bradly in the rematch. It's fitting because he will be taking the challenger role in it. In contrast, I would like Paq in the JMM4 to fight like he did in the Bradly 1 and let Marques press the action, not like in the previous fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X