No announcement yet.

Interview Juan Manuel Lopez shouldn’t have been allowed, Showtime is to blame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous.

Fighters talk **** before the fight and after the fight. How can you ban all interviews after a fight because one or two fighters talk ****? It happens in many sports, where the loser is bitter and emotional, and blames the ref or makes some bull accusation and gets in trouble.

These fighters know what they are saying. You cant stop all interviews, as that would rob the winner (who has also taken blows to the head) of his moment.

Plus boxing thrives on controversy. Its stupid to blame the interviewer or the network. Look at how Floyd talks after a fight. He hasnt taken any shots to the head.

Maybe the fighter should be assessed by the doctor to see if they are fit to speak.

Comment

I was more upset that he said he was dominating and winning than what he said about the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Ridiculous.

Fighters talk **** before the fight and after the fight. How can you ban all interviews after a fight because one or two fighters talk ****? It happens in many sports, where the loser is bitter and emotional, and blames the ref or makes some bull accusation and gets in trouble.

These fighters know what they are saying. You cant stop all interviews, as that would rob the winner (who has also taken blows to the head) of his moment.

Plus boxing thrives on controversy. Its stupid to blame the interviewer or the network. Look at how Floyd talks after a fight. He hasnt taken any shots to the head.

Maybe the fighter should be assessed by the doctor to see if they are fit to speak.
        Agree 100%. I don't buy into that BS that Lopez wasn't aware of what he was saying, nonsense. He knew perfectly, spoke well and didn't seem punch drunk during the interview.

The problem is, when your inside the ring, it looks much different than what people are seeing from the outside. He felt he was winning the fight, I don't know why, maybe it was the knockdown of Salido but I truly believe he thought he was winning.

Afterwards he let his true colors show, he was bitter and salty and let it all hang out. He had previous issues with the refs and he wanted the world to know.

I don't buy any of that nonsense that he was too hurt to know what he was saying. He knew, he opened his mouth and fighters need to be responsible for themselves and what they say.

Comment

This particular case aside, I think it's in bad taste to interview a guy who just got TKO'd/KO'd.

Especially, showing them on a monitor how they got KO and asking them what happened. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to have your worst moment replayed right after and being questioned about it. That's ****ed.

Some fighter's don't even know where they are and they'll still stick a microphone in front of them. Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            unless JuanMa failed a brain test or some type of Cat Scan, this article is baseless. I've yet to see any reports of JuanMa having brain damage.

JuanMa knew exactly what he was doing, now people wanna give him the easy way out. He even said they gamble around his neighborhood, he knew exactly what he was saying.

he took flush bombs for 9 rounds and about 20 seconds, ending with a brutal knockout

he got up after getting dropped and his lights started to go back out again.

he's made a career out of taking punishment. whether or not it's showing up on some sort of imaging you can be 100% sure that boxing has damaged juanma's brain on some level.

i dont think a fighter in lopez situation should be interviewed. get him to a hospital. at least get an icepack his head and turn those bright ass lights off. i've never sustained head trauma like that, (and believe me, none of you have either. i dont want rockin to come in here acting like he's been through that, because i've seen his record and he has not,) but i'm sure it effects one's thinking immediately following the fight
            Last edited by New England; 03-13-2012, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Are the interviews mandatory? If not i don't see how Showtime could be to blame.

And doesn't the fighter have a trainer, cuttman. promoter, ring doctor etc... There are so many other people who have had contact with the fighter from the end of the bout till the interview that would have to stand by and allow the interview to happen what blame should they take in this?

Comment

Poor excuse.

Angulo had no problems giving a good interview after Kirkland taxed that ass.
                Didn't paul wake up and do a post fight after planking against martinez?

Comment

lets get real here boxers are very stupid that probly cant even spell thier dam name right just look at pac,broner,ortiz just to name a few,boxers are dumb assesss. so it doest suprise me when they say a very stupid comment when they are being interview etc they all cant be a marque,george forman,or hopkins etc so i really dont see what the big deal is.
                  Last edited by wizard king; 03-13-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X