Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the Ortiz/Lopez logic, why can't ginger fight Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout is the same size and is a threat, that means it wont happen.

He is once again looking at a blown up 154lb fighter for his next fight (only this time it's the best one out there) instead of fighting someone his own size. It's becoming ridiculous, fight guys in your own division or piss off out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      So Canelo has tools, but no significant win whatsover
      Trout has a significant win, but no tools
      Trouts win was good and he deserves credit but Canelo has shown way more skills and way more punching power against typical Compatition for a boxer his age. But honestly I don't think Trout is anymore skilled then Shane Mosely even at this point in Moselys career. Canelo is fresher and faster than Cotto and Cotto hasn't shown any real power at 154 while Canelo has just been clobbering people.

I mean prior to Cotto Trout's compatition was dreadful while Alvarez had at least fought two former undisputed world champions who yes were both old but still doesn't mean they wernt undisputed champions. I think their compatition level is about even.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Trout is the same size and is a threat, that means it wont happen.

He is once again looking at a blown up 154lb fighter for his next fight (only this time it's the best one out there) instead of fighting someone his own size. It's becoming ridiculous, fight guys in your own division or piss off out of it.
        Paul Williams and James Kirkland how convinient that you forget that Golden Boy pushed hard for these fights. Im sure you are gonna accuse Alvarez of sabotaging Paul's Motercycle and causing his wreck LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Trout is faster than ginger.
          Has better footwork than ginger,
          Has better head movement than ginger,
          Fights better at range,
          Fights better in close,
          Has more stamina.................

I'd say ginger has more power, but then I haven't seen Trout against any jr welterweights. I figure he'd ko them just as easily while being hit far less though.
          I don't know about being faster. Canelo has very good hand speed. Not great or anything, but he's at least on par with Trout, who doesn't have great hand speed either.

And I don't know who's the better boxer out of the two. Trout is the better defensive fighter, but Canelo's combination punching and timing is excellent. I don't think Trout's the better inside fighter. Canelo throws some nasty body shot when he gets on the inside. Also, Canelo has a good jab and with his timing I think he's a solid outside fighter. Trout probably has the slight edge, however.

Neither guy has a great work rate. I'd really like to see the fight. I think it's a 50/50 fight.

Comment

How is fighting Mayweather a duck?

Comment

Bushbaby has a very selective memory its beyond biased remember at the time Canelo was out of options for Sep.15th date Kirkland got injured P.Williams had the accident Cotto said he wont fight in September and Ortiz was TKO'd and sidelined indefinitely with broken jaw.
              the whole point was to get a Mayweather fight in May right?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                couldn't he have not fought lara? was he not available for september 15th?
                Lara had a fight scheduled they could have waited and probably should have but he is not that big of name and they needed to announce an opponent ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  Paul Williams and James Kirkland how convinient that you forget that Golden Boy pushed hard for these fights. Im sure you are gonna accuse Alvarez of sabotaging Paul's Motercycle and causing his wreck LOL!!!!
                  I dont have any issue with Canelo, he's a good fighter. I just dislike the going after smaller opponents. Fact is, Williams and Kirkland never happened, instead we got Lopez and Gomez.

I dont consider Kirkland a threat either, big puncher with little else to offer.

Comment

Working...
                  X