No announcement yet.

Not impressed with the Ginger from Guadalajara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
    I was not impressed by Canelo either. He needs a better trainer!
    I thought he looked very solid.

He beat Kermit in better fashion than anyone has. Including Molina.

Molina should be next.

Comment

i thought he looked good, but he isnt ready for mayweather. if anything, give him another year

Comment

Alvarez looked good, he needs to take the initiative more often, that patient game can get a little annoying but beside that, he looked really good.

Comment

This is Rocky 3 all over again:

James Kirkland = Clubber Lang

Alvarez = Rocky Balboa

As much as I love Rocky, he got caught up in the glitz, hype and glamour. When he finally fought Clubber Lang, he wasn't ready and got exposed.

Rocky then came to an understanding that he had been fighting bums, and had a slice of reality pie. From there, Rocky went into beast mode and handled business his 2nd fight with Lang.

Point is, Alvarez has potential. He's not garbage. But now it's time to stop believing in all the hype and step up and start fighting solid opposition. I think he has it in him and can beat the majority of guys at 154, which isn't easy. But he needs to start now.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            muthafcker is 22 years old,Give em a break puto

Exactly. This guy is practically still a kid!!!I didn't see these pu$$ies b!tching about Juanma fighting bums all through out his career before he got his a$$ exposed...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
              Exactly. This guy is practically still a kid!!!I didn't see these pu$$ies b!tching about Juanma fighting bums all through out his career before he got his a$$ exposed...
              WTF, your sig just tripped me out

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
                He has a world title and is fighing bums and shot fighters

No more breaks for this kid
                Sorry, it's obvious the kid can't lose until the shadow lords are satisfied lmao.

Comment

If people want to use the age excuse Alvarez should be forced to drop his paper-belt.

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
                    If people want to use the age excuse Alvarez should be forced to drop his paper-belt.
                    Exactly, if you're going to be an up and comer, then do it in a up and comer style; by yourself, on the sideline, and on ESPN. Canelo can be Paul Spadafora for the rest of his career for all I care.

But if you're going to be the WBC "champ", then you need to be fighting WBC champ type opponents that the fans ask for..

Comment

since i have heard of him a few years ago

ive been waiting to see what the big deal is about canelo

and i have to come to realize is that he is just not that good

i dont see any unhidden potential. canelo get tired in fights he is dominating

when i say he is not that good i dont expect him to be elite like Juan M. Marquez, Sergio Martinez, and so on. very few boxer are thats why they are elite

but what i meant when i said he is not that good is that he is barely or just shy of being top ten in his division.

being top ten or just shy is a great accomplishment for most boxer but when you have a title belt and every boxer HBO listed when showed the landscape of 154lb would beat you

then you are just not that good according to the hype you are receiving
                      Last edited by 2120; 11-27-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X