Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched Someone Die Last Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never witnessed in person another human dying. Must be a powerful experience. Then there is the post trauma thing, which is not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      You'd think that but imo it tends to go the other way, i.e. they'd ruminate about their impending death and think "what's the point in life?", get depressed and do nothing, perhaps even becoming suicidal.

We're happiest when we delude ourselves into believing that we're going to live forever, or at least put death way to the back of our minds.

Personally, I never liked being around Church for that reason, signs of death everywhere.
      I'm kind of going through that at the moment, questioning the purpose of my life. Life has no inherent meaning, it's just a blank canvas that everyone uses to create their own meaning(s).

I don't feel depressed that a purpose hasn't been pre-set, I enjoy the idea of exploring philosophies and living in a way I wish to. I won't stress about death but it serves as an important reminder that you only have one life and to enjoy it how you want to. This probably sounds morbid but I was listening to 'My Way' earlier by Sinatra and I'm definitely having that shit played at my funeral

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        good post......

the driver of the car is mainly at fault...i think that is very obvious
        Not really. The guy was speeding, and not just speeding, but recklessly speeding. in a tiny motorcycle.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Paul.

I hate motorcycles, always have and I always will. ****ing death traps

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            I have never witnessed in person another human dying. Must be a powerful experience. Then there is the post trauma thing, which is not cool.

i found a substitute teacher dead on the floor in high school. massive heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i found a substitute teacher dead on the floor in high school. massive heart attack.
              Did it mess you up?

Watched my dad die of cancer. Corpses are seriously fugly.

Comment

Younger brother of a friend died a few months back riding his crotch rocket, he was 20 and his life was cut short because a car cut him off and didn't give him time to react.

Riding a motorcyle I think you're 25 times more likely to die then the same accident involving a car, I don't understand why people take that risk but I guess the rush is intoxicating.

Speaking of accidents there was a crash right in front of me today, a truck ran right into a car making a left turn on yellow. It was pretty hard because it was a big truck hitting a Nissan altima but everyone was out of the car walking around. Didn't see any serious injuries.

Comment

You're 49 times more likely to die on a motorbike than in a car and thats here in Australia where you haveto wear a helmet. Would be alot more without one.

Comment

sucks man, I seen 2 dudes die before once in prison and the other at the homeless shelter, I used to do community service and we had to go to the homeless shelter to deliver food etc and guess some dude OD or something, I just looked at him like **** wish I can help hum but i can only watch but yeah he died on the spot.

I actually been in the same situation the OP been in I had a friend I met him in UTI trade school to become a mechanic and he had a motorcycle and he got into a huge crash dippining in and out in traffic on the I-10 I was behind him we got off at the same time and saw he got in a huge accident so I pulled over made my way to him thank god everyone was alright just their shit was total.

And i make fun of him till this day, im like these motorcycle alot faster then those mopeds you dudes have huh lol

EDIT: reread it and realized didnt explain where homie was from, he was from the Philippines cool dude still comes over and drinks it up with a playa till this day.
                    Last edited by Daylyt; 09-21-2014, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                      You're 49 times more likely to die on a motorbike than in a car and thats here in Australia where you haveto wear a helmet. Would be alot more without one.
                      Motorbikes should be banned according to this expert:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...pert-says.html

But it would be a nightmare to introduce. And unfair to owners of motorbikes. They would lose the value of the motorcycle.
                      Last edited by jas; 09-21-2014, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X