No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: It’s Going to be a Dogfight with Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    Floyd is going to whup Guerrer's ass and then everyone is going to say he cherry picked him.
    Do you realize that this fight will be Jr's first fight against a top WW contender?

He was a lightweight but proved himself at WW in his last two fights

Jr thinks he is invincible and so do you , too bad I bet all my points already or I would bet you the same

Guerrero will find a way to win this fight

Jr will be hurt in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      Do you realize that this fight will be Jr's first fight against a top WW contender?

Jr thinks he is invincible and so do you , too bad I bet all my points already or I would bet you the same

Actually, Baldomir was the lineal welterweight champ when Floyd fought him. A title Floyd still holds to this day. Ring mag had Judah ranked #2 when Floyd fought him. JMM is currently Ring mag's #2 rated welterweight. Floyd beat his ass. Mosley was Ring mag's #1 rated welter when Floyd beat his ass. Ortiz was Ring mag's #3 rated welter when Floyd beat him. Therefore, you're an idoit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        You haters want the fight on the inside but you cry when the guy catches an elbow or two or twelve. People forget the Mayweather shell is designed for fighting in the inside.
        True, but it tends to be somewhat less effective against southpaws. Floyd likes to employ a high guard often when fighting them.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post

I have been living in a remote location for the last 6 months and missed Pacquiao v Marquez 4. Since you appear to be a pac fan I was wondering if you could tell me the result. Just breifly, Im not interested how the fight went just want to know the result. Thanks. (serious question)

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            Well, this answers the question whether he will box or brawl. I'm fully expecting Cortez to come out of retirement for this fight then.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            God NO !!

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
              God NO !!
              I have been living in a remote location for the last 6 months and missed Pacquiao v Marquez 4. Since you appear to be a pac fan I was wondering if you could tell me the result. Just breifly, Im not interested how the fight went just want to know the result. Thanks. (serious question)

Comment

I understand Guerrero's confidence and anything can happen in a fight. But I am not quite sure what he saw to learn from Cotto? Nothing against Cotto but he lost a UD and being generous, he won 3 rounds at best. He never hurt Floyd, nor had him in trouble, and was hurt and almost stopped himself in the 12th. So just saying I am not quite sure what Guerrero saw in that fight to help him. Floyd is not unbeatable, no one is. I surely do not think he is. I just think as always, everyone who gets in the ring with him thinks they have the secret plan and Floyd is overrated, etc. 43 quickly learned that was not the case. Some did well sure, it was competitive and I think the Guerrero fight will be tough definitely. Guerrero has only fought 1 opponent even close to Mayweathers level, Berto. The keyword being close, and while being strong, fast and talented, Berto is not Floyd Mayweather. If Guerrero can hurt Floyd and really brutalize and grind him down, he can win sure. However, unless something happened since the Cotto fight and jail wiped Floyd out, I just do not see it happening. I just think once Guerrero gets into the 3rd, 4th round he will see that Floyd is quite a different animal than he has seen in the ring. Ghost has mad heart and will though and I am sure he will fight the best he ever has so it could get interesting!

Comment

It's another Victor Ortiz. A guy who gives the appearance of being a tough fight. If Guerrero was any threat Mayweather Jr. wouldn't fight him.

Comment

To beat Floyd, you have to have a good jab that keeps him off balanced and more importantly will help you set up your power shots. You also have to be good at cutting the ring off and have the physical stregnth to keep cornered. And when that happens, you have to throw punches in bunches because its all but impossible to land on Floyd throwing one or two shots at a time. And if one is successful doing all of that, the most important thing is to not to be discouraged when Floyd lands his counters. Floyd isn't a big puncher. But he's a very sharp puncher. He's also very accurate. And even when opponents have success against him, they usually either back off due to being hit with something they don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      To beat Floyd, you have to have a good jab that keeps him off balanced and more importantly will help you set up your power shots. You also have to be good at cutting the ring off and have the physical stregnth to keep cornered. And when that happens, you have to throw punches in bunches because its all but impossible to land on Floyd throwing one or two shots at a time. And if one is successful doing all of that, the most important thing is to not to be discouraged when Floyd lands his counters. Floyd isn't a big puncher. But he's a very sharp puncher. He's also very accurate. And even when opponents have success against him, they usually either back off due to being hit with something they don't like.
                      a lot of fighters have said he hits harder than he looks

Comment

Working...
                      X