Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: It’s Going to be a Dogfight with Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think hardly anyone in this thread read they story. I know I didnt.....lol

The title is misleading. He's really talking more about his versatility and Floyd slowing down. He talks alot about Cotto's timing. I thought he was just barking about roughing Floyd up like he did Berto but its really way more to it that he's talking about

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      This is Mavalous mang !!!!!

The Past :

JMM - at the time a itty bitty fighter with no welterweight Power, MEMO wasn't in the mix and was slaughtered mainly due to styles :
      a. should have been KO'd.
      b. fact is Jr wouldn't close the gap, afraid he might get countered.

Hatton - To small, proven that he couldn't fight at welter, was doing well chasing da shicken but the Ref was screwing up from the git go, hmmmmmmm looked like he was paid off

OSCAR - Too OLD and washed up to fight a prime welter weight of JR's caliber ,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,, He won in my book and by the judges he lost by one measly POINT. ODH QUIT jabbing and looked wore out in the last 6, couldn't pull the trigger and then it was sickening to watch JR as he acted he beat the WORLD.

After many retirements and many DUCKS he fights a young strong lion ORTIZ:
      a. Slow mo shows Ortiz that he was getting to JR
      b. stupid head butt, from anger or fear or frustration cost him the opportunity cause good ole JR took advantage and cracked Ortiz with a wicked CHEAP SHOT

OOOOLLDDDD MOSLEY,,, the old man had JR on QUEER STREET and in the crowd was ODH going NUTSO

Cotto - OLD in the ring, too many wars , not his real weight , looked much stronger and FASTER at WW, NO STAMINA to keep up the blueprint to whoop Jr's little scrawny ass.

ROBERT GUERRERO :

1. NOT itty bitty
      2. NOT small
      3. HE can pull the trigger
      4. He has no anger fear or frustration
      5. HE is NOT old
      6. HE has a GREAT CHIN and STAMINA
      7. HE has The GAME PLAN and the WHEREWITHAL to enact the Plan !
      8. He can take JR to unknown waters

ALL FLOYD LOVERS :

I am taking Guerrero,,,What are yer ODDs 100 to 1 ??? Come on big talkers , you are out there everyone knows yall, whats yers odds , come clean me out and I don't even know how to bet points,

don't be a shicken
      Anyone who came away from that fight thinking Oscar won either A.) has never even watched the fight and is just regurgitating crap he read on Pacland or B.) is pants on head ******ed and needs to find a new sport to watch.

Comment

anything can happen and Floyd is getting older but Guerrero just doesn't have the skills to beat Floyd. Yeah he won agaonst Berto but he he got hit way to often by Berto. If Cotto couldn't get the job done by roughing him up at 154 then how the hell can Guerrero do it?

Comment

I still fail to see all this "success" Cotto had against Floyd. I've watched that fight several times and the most rounds I've given Cotto is 4, and that was a generous 4. He realistically only clearly won 2 or 3 rounds. He was soundly beaten. The only reason people viewed his outing as a success is because he was such a no-hoper going in.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I still fail to see all this "success" Cotto had against Floyd. I've watched that fight several times and the most rounds I've given Cotto is 4, and that was a generous 4. He realistically only clearly won 2 or 3 rounds. He was soundly beaten. The only reason people viewed his outing as a success is because he was such a no-hoper going in.
            Floyd had a bloody nose, that's enough for haters to :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Anyone who came away from that fight thinking Oscar won either A.) has never even watched the fight and is just regurgitating crap he read on Pacland or B.) is pants on head ******ed and needs to find a new sport to watch.
              A BITE !!!!!!!!!!

Ok big talk put yer points where your MOUTH IS :

My points against all of yours that Guerrrero wins.

Easy money remember, easy fight , walk RG down no problem, take his breath and hand him back his life, eat him up on the inside and outside , up and down

Ok big mouth are YOU READY to back up yer MOUTH ?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                I just don't see how Guerrero can win this fight. In the berto fight even tho he was giving it to berto he was also taking a lot of shots from berto, both them dudes face was swollen up at the end and Floyd aint no berto.
                And this is how I know this is a **** fight and not buying into the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I disagree, Cotto's did a lot of things right in that fight and took a degree of control that people have rarely had against Mayweather. He established his jab early, he imposed his strength on Floyd and put him on the back foot when they came together, he cut the ring off, and when he put it all together he scored when he had Floyd against the ropes by showing real discipline and not throwing wildly like most do in that position.

The point is that he was able to do this consistently and he established a better template for beating Mayweather than anyone since Castillo. No he didn't do enough to win the fight nor even make it a really close decision. But he did do an awful lot right and a very large number of observers gave him 4 of the first 8 rounds.

It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn good all the same. He had a very good strategy, and maybe a slightly better athlete, a slightly better puncher might be able to take it all the way to a decision over Floyd Mayweather. There was nothing in the Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, or Hatton fights that could make you think that and that's why it was significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    Floyd had a bloody nose, that's enough for haters to :wank:
                    I Think Floyd is still the # 1 fighter in the world.... that doesnt change the fact that the fight was pretty close...

people act like Floyd was using Cotto as a human punching bag... fact is Mayweather was not able to get to Cotto much in the fight... Both guys defensively were great in that fight.... Floyd wasnt able to land much and Cotto clearly won some rounds...

Clear Cotto rounds.... 3,5,6,8

Close swing rounds .... 1,7,10

It was an extremely competitive fight.... offensively and defensively

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
                      I Think Floyd is still the # 1 fighter in the world.... that doesnt change the fact that the fight was pretty close...

people act like Floyd was using Cotto as a human punching bag... fact is Mayweather was not able to get to Cotto much in the fight... Both guys defensively were great in that fight.... Floyd wasnt able to land much and Cotto clearly won some rounds...

Clear Cotto rounds.... 3,5,6,8

Close swing rounds .... 1,7,10

It was an extremely competitive fight.... offensively and defensively
                      no way. Are you trying to say that you wouldve been ok with Cotto winning 7-5?

Comment

Working...
                      X