Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people accusing pacquiao of cherry picking ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
    i don't hate floyd , and i'm not a " ******* " i just think that mayweather had an easier road and was more protected than pacquiao , and it's ridiculous to claim that the last 3 fights tanished pacquiao's legacy , bob arum and GBP couldn't do business together , it's not his fault , he fought the available fighters .

and i aslo hate when pacquiao haters try to diminish some of his wins by claming fighter X was physicaly or mentaly damaged etc.... ( i will do the same , just to prove that it can be done to any fighter )

i also think ,achievement-wise : pacquiao > mayweather ( but i'm picking floyd to win if this fight ever happens )

let's look at their careers , mayweather :

first world title : he beat a unmotivated Genaro Hernandez who was talking retirement even before the fight , and let's not forget that he didn't even deserve to fight for the tittle , he got it because was hyped like hell since he was an olympic medalist

title defence : diego coralles , his best win IMO . but let's not forget that diego was facing jail time in that time , he was obviously not mentally strong for a fight of that magnitude . just after the fight he went to jail for 14 months ,and fought again 2 years after the mayweather loss

lightweight title : first fight against castillo , barely won the first fight , and won the second convincingly , still nothing to " WOW " about

Super Lightweight title : beat a washed up arturo gatti , nothing to see here

welterweight title : win against Zab Judah ,who was just coming from loss, and let's not forget that when judah is not " super zab" he can be a underachiever who's mentally weak in big fights ( Kostya Tszyu , first cory spinks fight , loss to baldomir , KO'd by cotto etc... )
    then he beat baldomir, good win , but we all know that carlos is an ATG right ? , a first ballot hall of famer for sure...

super welterweight : beat oscar ( was not an easy fight ) , needless to say oscar was like 7 years past his prime
    hatton : smaller guy , who's fighting outside his natural weight class

add to that that floyd avoided unification fights like the plague , avoided lot of top 10 fighters, didn't want to fight cotto / margarito / williams and others ..

pacquiao

- lineal flyweight title at age 20 : he beat Chatchai Sasakul , the guy who took the title from Yuri Arbachakov , one of boxing P4p greats at the time
    - won the IBF super bantamweight title in his first fight in the us against Lehlohonolo Ledwaba , ranked no 3 in the world at the time . just after the fight he fought agapito sanchez for unification bout ( mayweather never fought title holders in his division )
    - featherweight : he beats the lineal champ , ranked n 4 P4p at the time . haters will tell you he was " washed up " but MAB was the lineal champ and was a major player in the rankings , he was ranked by ring magazine in the top 10 until 2006
    then , without even catching a break, he fought marquez ,another P4p ranked fighter , and just after that , he faced yet again a P4P fighter in morales . 3 top 10 P4p in less than two years ...
    he then went on to avenge the loss to morales , some ******ed people claim that manny " ducked " zaheer raheem , seriously ? the guy just fought 3 of the best fighters in the world , he earned the right to avenge his loss , and what did this zaheer rahem ever do ? he never became a world champion as far as i know ....
    and then there is the hatton ko . manny fought him in his natural weight , ricky was the lineal champion , and contrary to popular belief , mayweather didn't " ruin " him , he was coming from two wins , including a KO win over malignaggi .and i don't think PBF possesses that kind of power that would " ruin " careers and lives ...
    **** you man I ain't readin all that *in a robert garcia voice*

Comment

Froch is gonna work Johnson over. I'm cheering for Johnson, but I barely give him a shot. Can't wait for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        I know, I thought it was me but glen is starting to look like those dogs that have the wrinkly face.
        LOL the Sharpei dogs

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
          **** you man I ain't readin all that *in a robert garcia voice*

then why bother posting ?

and what's up with everybody talking about johnson ? go to the johnson-froch thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
            LOL the Sharpei dogs
            That's it, OMFG the resemblance

Comment

Unless we are talking someone like Zsolt Erdei I think words like cherry picking and ducking get used way too much.

You could literally take ANY boxers record and rip it to shreds, and you don't even have to know that much about boxing to do it.

Comment

mann i cant wait for this fight. glen johnson always brings his best to the table. i totally think this is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
                  then why bother posting ?

and what's up with everybody talking about johnson ? go to the johnson-froch thread
                  easy to see that you're a ******* so stop pretending..I couldn't be ****ed reading ur rubbish but I hope you mentioned the two KO's pac has suffered in his career and don't forget to mention he blamed his shoes when he lost to morales shahsaahhhhhahahhhhhhhahhaha

Floyd still unbeaten the true drug free champ

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                    easy to see that you're a ******* so stop pretending..I couldn't be ****ed reading ur rubbish but I hope you mentioned the two KO's pac has suffered in his career and don't forget to mention he blamed his shoes when he lost to morales shahsaahhhhhahahhhhhhhahhaha

Floyd still unbeaten the true drug free champ

the post was about who's fighter was more protected you brain damaged **** i never refuted his defeats and picked mayweather to beat him if they ever fought

read the thread if you want to respond, otherwise shut the **** up and don't bump it
                    Last edited by paypayvay; 06-04-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X