No announcement yet.

Is anything left for Pinoys in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliman View Post
    Pacquiao career is down after the KO by Marquez.
    Donaire got schooled by Guillermo, and suddenly vanished from public eye.

Probably not at the elite level. They will always have plenty of Cans.

How long did they go without having anyone worth note on their squad? And when they did (Steroid Age), the dude didnt want any drug tests. Asterisk career all the way. The 2nd best guy (Donaire) was just a coattail rider. As soon as he had to stand on his own he got exposed. The rest are just Cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      This guy is a race baiter
      I agree. I despise these kinds of treads. (And I don't like Pacman). There's no reason for it to even exist. I hope this turd gets banned good and proper.

Comment

Enough of all this racist bull**** on this damn forums,DAMN!!!we all are humans and all are suppose to be here to support a sport we love,why the hell do we have threads like this?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          i can easily see donaire becoming a unified champ at 126 (beating gradovich, the winner of the wbo belt and chris john for wba super)...and then winning a belt at 130...and it's not like donaire took a career ending beating against rigo lmao....he got clearly outboxed, yes..but it wasn't like a sustained beating that would take years away from his prime. if anything it probably hurt him mentally, but i'm sure he's motivated enough to get back on top....

you're talking about 126 and 130 like they're going to be easy. there aren't great fighters at either weight right now other than mikey garcia, but they're still much bigger gusy than donaire, who was a player at 112 and 115 pior to his work at 118 and 122.

doniare won't fight garcia obviously, but i'd be shocked if he could beat him if they were to fight.

donaire is a limited fighter. i've been saying this for a long time. when he's not flying around the ring and knocking people out he's a mediocre fighter. he can't carry rounds with boxing. he's not going to have a style that translates to success at 126 and 130 if the fighters are decent.

nonito donaire has certainly hit his peak.

Comment

weren't people saying donaire is just a lightweight fighting at 122? lol...now the script has changed and donaire is now too small for guys at 126 and 130??? donaire can fill out nicely at 126...and gradovich's style isn't something i see giving donaire a whole lot of difficulty (and he doesn't have great punching power)...neither does chris john and i'm sure with the right amount of money arum can have him defend against donaire...donaire can rack up a decent amount of wins/belts at 126 (it's not IMPOSSIBLE) to maintain his top ten p4p status..

and mikey is the only great fighter at 130??? what about uchiyama ?? that would be a tough fight for donaire and be seen as a very good win for him at 130...but right now at 126, i can see donaire having decent/good success...the leap up to 126 from 122 isn't all that drastic anyways at least not for someone like donaire.

donaire fought for world championships at 112.

somebody like donaire who jumped several weight classes already?

think what you like, and let's see who is right in a few years. i have a lot of confidence. so you think donaire hasn't peaked yet? don't get your hopes up.

donaire is a small guy past 30, and a power puncher moving up in weight. his style is not suited for point scoring. he throws very few punches. he has no jab. he just got his doors boxed off in a fight that will effect his confidence for the rest of his life. guys like him don't stick around long once they're no longer able to fight smaller guys.

donaire is going to start sliding further and further from what he was. his power was diminished at 122. at 130 he's not even going to be a remarkable puncher. garcia, for example, hits like a lightweight, and will probably weigh close to the WW limit for his fights at 130.

all of this is only an issue of course because his promotor knows he doesn't have an iceberg's chance in hell of beating guillermo rigondeaux, a tiny 122 lber.

donaire has peaked. it's something you guys are going to have to start to accept. one of the things i love about boxing is being right in these instances, and watching it play out slowly.

Comment

been following philippines economy now for the past couple of years. it's booming.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...687305548.html

been there. boxing is hardly mentioned and watched in that part of the globe.

ts is most likely just a poor old man and hasn't traveled outside his basement.

Comment

donaire isn't as small as mares...he can fill up nicely at 126..at 130 he might be pushing it a bit, but nothing too drastic. donaire himself even said he plans to retire at lightweight...

i think donaire can beat gradovich and if he gets a fight with chris john then i also think that's a winnable fight for him as well...both guys will give donaire a good fight but ultimately i think donaire is just a level above gradovich and chris john.

and donaire can move on from his loss to rigo....sure it will probably still be in the back of his mind but i think he's composed and professional enough to not let that defeat "haunt" him ...for as many examples you can bring up of a fighter being finished after ONE loss (and not a prime zapping loss) i can bring up many more examples of a fighter still going on to have a successful career after sustaining a loss (however significant it was)...

and donaire's power was diminished at 122? donaire knocked down every person he fought at 122...and he broke mathebula's jaw with one punch. i think donaire will be fine carrying his power to 126... at 130 i agree his power probably won't seem so significant. but you act as if donaire is just a mindless margarito-esque brawler who solely relies on power which isn't the case (sure he loves his power but it's not the only stand out quality about him)...donaire is a counter puncher which is why he throws very few punches. rigo just so happened to be a much better counter puncher than he is....there's no shame in that...
                chris john. evgeny gradovich? talk about a side show. that's the matchmaking of a protected fighter at the end of his career. that's a night and day difference from nonito's career pre rigondeaux. again, the biggest indicator of where donaire is heading is the reluctance of bob arum to put him in there with a natural 118 lber fighting at 122 in guillermo rigondeaux.

if oyu think donaire was the puncher at 122 that he was at 118 you don't know what you're looking at. his power was undeniably diminished. just wait until he's @ 126 and 130 lbs. the two fighters he stopped at 122 were at the very end of their careers, and arce was a baby sized man.

do you think donaire was the same puncher at 122 that he was at 118? and you haven't answered yet, has doniare peaked?

and no, you'll never find a case where an elite p4p fighter at the end of his prime got completely schooled by a much smaller man and went on to regain elite status.

Comment

this pinoy still has Lucas, GGG, Leo Sta Cruz...i'm good

Comment

Working...
                  X