So....God was a mass murderer !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homer Simpson's views on God:

Comment

Thats just false interpretation by atheist liberal scum to push the gay agenda

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        I don't get it.

Little kittens, puppies, baby deer ?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          how can fish drown? he didnt kill everyone
          Well, for the salt water creatures, adding mass amounts of rain can **** up the salt ratio and kill them.

Comment

So many ignorant posts in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              In fairness he did functionally murder every living thing on the planet. It's not like this is unfair criticism.
              He created every living thing on the planet. He got a right to do it if they arent lining up. He;s gonna do it again "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man"

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                So many ignorant posts in this thread
                Which ones, in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Thats just false interpretation by atheist liberal scum to push the gay agenda
                  BTW, I think your cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    He created every living thing on the planet. He got a right to do it if they arent lining up. He;s gonna do it again "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man"
                    Never go full ****** son, never.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      I'm afraid that it's much more mundane than that. It's a fact that human settlements for most of history have been by necessity next to sources of water. It's also a fact that bodies of water often flood. When they flood the effects are devastating and ****loads of people die.

The reason that there is a flood myth in every culture is because every culture has experienced devastating flood and people assume that if it's happening to them it's happening to the whole world because people are dicks like that.

But nobody starts getting butthurt and demanding respect when you say that Animal Farm wasn't really about talking cows and horses and their evil pig overlords.

the reason that there are "flood myths" in christianity and islam specifically is that they show up in the old testament. both christianity and islam are essentially spin offs of judaism, the oldest major monotheistic religion. those are the three religions about which i know the most, and whose major literary works i have read.

hell, gilgamesh and those boys got flooded. the stories show up because they're pulled from the same sources/works and historical contexts.

those massive and widespread floods [pervasive, and old enough to show up almost universally in ancient myths] you're talking about would have come with the recession of the glaciers and the end of the last ice age. that's when people really started to get down to civilization-creating business, by settling down, specializing labor, and recording their religious and cultural stories.

floods would be a hell of a lot more frequent, and on a greater scale at the end of an ice age.

and on the bit about animal farm, i'm afraid that i'm not following you. perhaps you're saying that the major religions don't support a more liberal interpretation of their texts?
                      Last edited by New England; 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X