Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

It's like with every fight he gets better and better. Like a good wine growing more mature with age. Yes, his physical qualities are diminishing. But skill set is on the rise it appears! Seen him pull out stuff, that I've never saw him do before (this is after watching the Henry sparring and Ortiz fight again).

Here's an example. Seldom, do we see him use his shoulder roll stance versus' a southpaw, and honestly don't think he has used it as a counter weapon against them. Yet he pulls it out with ease against Ortiz, like it's nothing. (Amazing!)

Actually, come to think of it. I remember Roger saying that he's never seen him this sharp on Mayweather vs Cotto 24 7 first look.

Roger makes this claim from 0:35

Last edited by Discipline; 04-21-2012, 05:07 AM.

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
    It's like with every fight he gets better and better. Like a good wine growing more mature with age. Yes, his physical qualities are diminishing. But skill set is on the rise it appears! Seen him pull out stuff, that I've never saw him do before (this is after watching the Henry sparring and Ortiz fight again).

Here's an example. Seldom, do we see him use his shoulder roll stance versus' a southpaw, and honestly don't think he has used it as a counter weapon against them. Yet he pulls it out with ease against Ortiz, like it's nothing. (Amazing!)

Actually, come to think of it. I remember Roger saying that he's never seen him this sharp on Mayweather vs Cotto 24 7 first look.

Roger makes this claim from 0:35

Absolutely...I think athleticism CAN be a mental thing when u have that will to win like Floyd...Floyd shouldnt be able to train as hard as he does, but he wants it so bad, that he eat some candy, sugar, gets hyper, then trains for 3 hours...which should be impissible for a man his age...against Ortiz he was slow, and had a bad jab...but against Omar, it was a small rocket with power in it...it shot from his waste, and it hurt henry...Floyd is just special, he will never ever age...look at bhop...Bhop is NO WHERE near as good as Floyd...if Floyd was his age, there is no doubt in my mind that he would perform the same way he does today, because in the fight prior to THAT fight, if he were to make mistakes, he would train hard, and perfect his craft for the next fght...its the same as now...he made mistakes against Ortiz...but he so perceptive, that he saw his mistakes, and now he is perfected again...I think Floyd could fight until he was 49 and not show many signs of age!...He's just special, what else can I say!

Comment

Floyd was half way through that masterpiece when loverboy needed a second hug and kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        Floyd was half way through that masterpiece when loverboy needed a second hug and kiss.
        Yeah man! I was disappointed by that. Hopefully, Cotto doesn't make it too easy for Floyd, so I can get a semi-long fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
          Yeah man! I was disappointed by that. Hopefully, Cotto doesn't make it too easy for Floyd, so I can get a semi-long fight.
          He will. Cottos a professional. Its a much better fight than than most think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            He will. Cottos a professional. Its a much better fight than than most think.
            Dont forget Cotto gets frustrated and throws them low blows...when he fought Pac and Margarito, he didnt get frustrated, he got beat tha fuk up...but when he fights Floyd, he will get broken down, AND Frustrated and we dont know how it will affect him mentally to be in that situation...he might try to pick Floyd up or sum ****, we jus dont kno

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              Dont forget Cotto gets frustrated and throws them low blows...when he fought Pac and Margarito, he didnt get frustrated, he got beat tha fuk up...but when he fights Floyd, he will get broken down, AND Frustrated and we dont know how it will affect him mentally to be in that situation...he might try to pick Floyd up or sum ****, we jus dont kno
              Yep, got a feeling he will do just that. Although, that might earn him an elbow to the face.
              Last edited by Discipline; 04-21-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                If he low blows that means he wants to win lol. Im not condoning just saying...

Comment

Is that why h chose Cotto as hes leftovers of Pac and its in his mind to lose? When Floyd fought hatton another unbeaten guy he had a tougher fight than he wanted, and thats why he avoided Bradley i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Is that why h chose Cotto as hes leftovers of Pac and its in his mind to lose? When Floyd fought hatton another unbeaten guy he had a tougher fight than he wanted, and thats why he avoided Bradley i guess.
                    Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya.

Comment

Working...
                    X