Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight's Fight: Timur Ibragimov, 28-2-1 (15) V Gurcharan Singh, 20-0 (11)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's Fight: Timur Ibragimov, 28-2-1 (15) V Gurcharan Singh, 20-0 (11)

So, tonight from Hollywood, FL, USA.

Uzbek Timur Ibragimov, 35 years old, 28-2-1 (15) takes on Gurcharan "Guru" Singh, 32 years old, 20-0 (11).

Ibragimov is in the midst of a career revival and is coming off wins over Oliver McCall (W 12), and Awadh Tamim (KO 3).

Guru Singh is perhaps most noted for his 2004 bout with Jermell Barnes which he won by Majority decision (W 10). Singh has only had 3 fights in 6 years, and is coming off a KO of Colin Kenna (KO 4), and a decision win over a 2-5 clubfighter (W 6). Singh contended for India at the Olympics twice, and thus has a noted amateur background.

Ibragimov has only lost to somewhat top-level fighters (Calvin Brock, Tony Thompson) and a draw with the very respectable Kevin Johnson.

Can Singh beat Ibragimov? How good is Singh? Anyone has seen him fight and can shed some light on this fight?

The Heavyweight Factory is promoting this show. I don't know anything bout Singh except that he boasts a decent undefeated record....

Comment

I'm more interested in Luis Oritz on the undercard.

Is he anything special?

Comment

I've seen a couple of Singh's fights, and he's a rather sloppy operator.....but this was a good 3/4 years ago....against cans. I didn't actually know he was still active, but i expect Ibragimov to win quite clearly as this will be Singh's biggest step-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          I'm more interested in Luis Oritz on the undercard.

Is he anything special?
          His handlers seem to think he is. In only his second pro fight, he's facing veteran journeyman Kendrick Releford (22-13-2)...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            His handlers seem to think he is. In only his second pro fight, he's facing veteran journeyman Kendrick Releford (22-13-2)...
            Yeah, that's why I ask.

He fought Charles Davis in his second fight and stopped him. Davis doesn't get stopped a lot. Last time he was stopped was against Chazz Witherspoon in '07, when Witherspoon had 17 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Kendrick Releford is a decent journeyman. He's fought a lot of top 100 heavyweights, and was robbed in his fight with Chazz Witherspoon.

Comment

im interested in the ortiz guy.i posted a thread about him a week ago & yes taking on releford in his 3rd fight is a great step up.ibragimov is another guy to watch.hes lost when he stepped up but hes another guy who should be in the mix for a big fight or 2

Comment

Working...
                X