No announcement yet.

Jersey Joe Walcott and Will Pep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Joe Walcott and Will Pep

True masters. when i watch the old vids on youtube i cant help but smile and marvel at the skill being displayed. I enjoy watching a good action give and take fight but i love watching masters "make em miss and make em pay" and make this the hardest sport on earth look easy. too bad there is not more vids of these masters at work.

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
    True masters. when i watch the old vids on youtube i cant help but smile and marvel at the skill being displayed. I enjoy watching a good action give and take fight but i love watching masters "make em miss and make em pay" and make this the hardest sport on earth look easy. too bad there is not more vids of these masters at work.
    Absolutely..... Especially Willie Pep,... they guy was so unbelievably quick before the Saddler fights that I simply cannot see any fighter under Lightweight ever beating him,.... some old-timers of Peps days said that old-timers like Attell could've whipped Pep, but I just don't see it,,,, he is the greatest ring technician to ever live,.... he was dirty sometimes,,, but his ability was pure art,.... unlike Robinson who also had phenomenal knock out ability,... It is this extra dimension that puts Ray ahead of the wisp... ----------------------- I have Pep at the very top,.... The Top 3 All-Time Greats of all Gloved history....... but I stress GLOVES.

Comment

Shameless self advertising alert.

Comment

both are true masters of the game

Comment

Mafia,........

Highlights Mafia
          Blacksmith Mafia :

Comment

Maitland Blacksmiths Association : Member - BARNBURNER

LES DARCY & PADDY SLAVIN : MAITLAND BLACKSMITHS ASSOCIATION
            LES DARCY MAFIA : Current DON - McGOORTY