Donaire pretty much admits he's not taking on dangerous opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire pretty much admits he's not taking on dangerous opponents

http://thaboxingvoice.com/?p=2154

"I’ve kind of been experimenting with power and with counter punching a lot and just trying to do something different that I could bring to the table with the much tougher guys. The last three fights [the opponents] weren’t dangerous for me, with a better fighter I’ll be a lot smarter; [it was a fight] you can kind of experiment with and I took the chance to learn from it so now I’m a more [well-rounded] fighter. So when I do fight with someone on top like Mares or Rigondeaux, I’m definitely going to be the [kind of fighter] you’ve always seen. My performance suffered because of the [experimenting] but when I do fight someone who I feel is going to give me a hard time all that knowledge will come in handy."

So basically, his last three fights were practice matches.... well that's good to know. And now that you want to face Arce, we can make it 4.
    Also admits his opponents weren't real opponents or dangerous at all.
    Thanks Nonito, number 3 P4P

Look at those stalwarts his contemporaries are fighting..... Marroquin Kennedy De La Mora Morel..... They all better then Donaires last 3 or 4..... Smh at Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      Maybe he will take that Rigondeaux fight... After all it looks like Top Rank is trying to set it up giving Rigo exposure against opposition that will make him look spectacular. Ok, I will give Donaire benefit of a doubt.
      I think that's highly unlikely.
      I think Arce is next because Donaire is in desperate need of a fight where he looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        So basically, his last three fights were practice matches.... well that's good to know. And now that you want to face Arce, we can make it 4.
        Also admits his opponents weren't real opponents or dangerous at all.
        Thanks Nonito, number 3 P4P
        Good interview, thanks for posting the link.

Nonito made a statement in the full interview where he claims he wants to fight Rigondeaux (among others). According to him he presents his promoters with names he's interested in, but his handlers don't select any of them. I don't doubt that's true, to be honest. The "business of boxing" has gotten out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Look at those stalwarts his contemporaries are fighting..... Marroquin Kennedy De La Mora Morel..... They all better then Donaires last 3 or 4..... Smh at Donaire
          Nishioka???

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            Nishioka???
            Nishi has his spot in the division..... Everybody else is or should be trying to get where hes at imo......

Comment

It's when the expectations for you from the fans start getting out of hand that you know you've made it.

I don't want any top fighter to fight life or death battles or even strategic chess-like fights where one mistake leads to a short night every time out.

I think Arce is a stepback but he needs a fight where he's going to look dynamic and Arce's style and reputation should do that for him.

He should experiment some more with Arce, be exciting, be entertaining and finish his breakfast then move on to Mares and do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
                It's when the expectations for you from the fans start getting out of hand that you know you've made it.

I don't want any top fighter to fight life or death battles or even strategic chess-like fights where one mistake leads to a short night every time out.

I think Arce is a stepback but he needs a fight where he's going to look dynamic and Arce's style and reputation should do that for him.

He should experiment some more with Arce, be exciting, be entertaining and finish his breakfast then move on to Mares and do the same.
                lol why shouldn't donaire have to be in difficult fights?

Comment

Who here thought Donaire's last two fights were dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X