No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez on Pacquiao-Bradley, Cotto, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez on Pacquiao-Bradley, Cotto, More

While the recognized best middleweight in the world, Sergio ‘Maravilla’ Martinez, continued his winning ways this past Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, his recent victory has brought up some criticisms from some boxing insiders. Martinez started off slow against London's Darren Barker before picking up the pace late in the fight on his way to an 11th round TKO.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree a 100% boxing and its fans have become B!tches. What if Martinez would have lost? Would they say Martinez was overrated after his last performances? It's obvious Darren Barker came to fight and not just get KO'd. Atleast dude didn't run like Mosley. Just because a guy is a no name opponent that makes him weak? Look at all these divas in the sport. No one is even giving Barker any props for making it hard for Sergio Martinez and no one is giving Martinez credit for cracking Barker's defense and getting the TKO. Sergio nose was broken and he still pulled it off. Just because there are so many ready made fights being organized don't mean that everyone of them have to be easy. I blame this on Bob Arum who makes his stars shine in fights against over matched opponents so they can look good. Boxing used to be about challenges and competition. No name fighters made a name for themselves on the regular. Why is it so hard to believe that Barker held his own? Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      I agree a 100% boxing and its fans have become B!tches. What if Martinez would have lost? Would they say Martinez was overrated after his last performances? It's obvious Darren Barker came to fight and not just get KO'd. Atleast dude didn't run like Mosley. Just because a guy is a no name opponent that makes him weak? Look at all these divas in the sport. No one is even giving Barker any props for making it hard for Sergio Martinez and no one is giving Martinez credit for cracking Barker's defense and getting the TKO. Sergio nose was broken and he still pulled it off. Just because there are so many ready made fights being organized don't mean that everyone of them have to be easy. I blame this on Bob Arum who makes his stars shine in fights against over matched opponents so they can look good. Boxing used to be about challenges and competition. No name fighters made a name for themselves on the regular. Why is it so hard to believe that Barker held his own? Ridiculous.
      I agree 100%...nobody is giving Barker props...I think a lot of it has to do with Martinez being seriously mentioned as Mayweather's next opponent. So the ******s on here went into full on discredit Martinez mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
        I agree 100%...nobody is giving Barker props...I think a lot of it has to do with Martinez being seriously mentioned as Mayweather's next opponent. So the ******s on here went into full on discredit Martinez mode.
        It's unbelievable how many people in boxing just nag and complain about fighters instead of appreciating the sport. Sergio Martinez is one of the best and styles always make fights. I don't see anyone beating Martinez in the 154/160 division. to me, Floyd/Martinez has always been a chess match and Pac would totally get smoked by Sergio. Boxingscene has been disappointing me lately with all these cry babies and blatant haters. The majority of these dudes on here can't even debate or talk boxing. HBO commentators are bias as hell and kiss ass to no extent. I hope Sergio fights Pirog or any of them other guys talking about they see weakness in him and get beat down. Guaranteed they'll say "I had an off night" and all the hating non boxing fans on here will say "Pirog was overrated". It's a never ending cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          First let me say Barker came to fight,and had a good game plan to win..But you bring up Mosley(which I believe is a shot at Pac)and he also came to win..If Mosley did not come to win against Pac he did not come to win against May..Mosley was a shell of his former self is what the problem was..You talk about boxing being about challenges,yet both the top dogs have not really taken any challenges imo..Ortiz,come on bro that fight was written in stone far before the first bell was rung..JMM that's not a good look..But ya know what they came to win..As did Cotto and Marga's and once again Hatton..They were just out matched..If Pac fights Bradley he would be taking on a very live opponent,who is for sure coming to win and has the tools to win..Would you give Pac credit for taking a Bradley fight??Did you give May credit for the Ortiz fight??I don't see anything wrong with boxing except the two best in the sport are both divas..I don't give a damn about testing who ask for it or who did not want to do it,or who does not like who's promoter..Both these guys should have fought by now plain and simple,and that's whats ruining boxing right now..I can't lie Bradley is another one messing boxing up,I understand it's a business but when fights that should go down don't it hurts the sport from gaining new fans..

BTW I'm one who believes Pac should have been fought Martinez tbh,win lose or draw I believe Pac wins for taking that fight/challenge..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            First let me say Barker came to fight,and had a good game plan to win..But you bring up Mosley(which I believe is a shot at Pac)and he also came to win..If Mosley did not come to win against Pac he did not come to win against May..Mosley was a shell of his former self is what the problem was..You talk about boxing being about challenges,yet both the top dogs have not really taken any challenges imo..Ortiz,come on bro that fight was written in stone far before the first bell was rung..JMM that's not a good look..But ya know what they came to win..As did Cotto and Marga's and once again Hatton..They were just out matched..If Pac fights Bradley he would be taking on a very live opponent,who is for sure coming to win and has the tools to win..Would you give Pac credit for taking a Bradley fight??Did you give May credit for the Ortiz fight??I don't see anything wrong with boxing except the two best in the sport are both divas..I don't give a damn about testing who ask for it or who did not want to do it,or who does not like who's promoter..Both these guys should have fought by now plain and simple,and that's whats ruining boxing right now..I can't lie Bradley is another one messing boxing up,I understand it's a business but when fights that should go down don't it hurts the sport from gaining new fans..

BTW I'm one who believes Pac should have been fought Martinez tbh,win lose or draw I believe Pac wins for taking that fight/challenge..
            I don't get how that can even be the case...Mosley called out Mayweather, he cashed out with Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
              I don't get how that can even be the case...Mosley called out Mayweather, he cashed out with Pacquiao.
              Mosley called out both..He called out Pac first,but make no mistake he called them both out..

Comment

Atleast Mosley threw punches against Floyd. about time Pac got to him Mosley was completely done. But listen, I'm not making this a debate about Pac and Floyd but rather about Martinez and how people can take a crap on him about a fighter who wasn't prepared to lay down.

Comment

Mosley called out both..He called out Pac first,but make no mistake he called them both out..
                  You are absolutely correct! He did call out both (Pac first) and Pac and Roach did not want none of Mosley after he KO'd Antonio Margarito. Made all kinds of excuses to not fight him. Mosley still had a lil bite in him. After Floyd and Mora, it was clear as day that shane should be watching the fights and not in them. Martinez fought threw adversity and won no matter if the guy was a big name opponent, giving the chance to win or not. He still came to fight.

Comment

i wish shane will fight serge @154...

Comment

Working...
                    X