No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maloney Apologizes To Fury; Eyes Price Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maloney Apologizes To Fury; Eyes Price Showdown

David Price's promoter Frank Maloney has apologised to Tyson Fury as he continues to chase a domestic heavyweight showdown between the pair.

The war of words between the two camps has rumbled on and last week, Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy claimed comments made by Maloney were the only stumbling block to the fight being made.

British and Commonwealth champion Price, 29, has halted his last nine opponents and will follow November's demolition of Matt Skelton by fighting former world title challenger Tony Thompson in February.

Fury, meanwhile - still just 24 - fought a higher-profile opponent in Kevin Johnson and claimed a unanimous decision over the American in front of a raucous Belfast crowd.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What the hell is with price fighting old men, and old men who havent looked good in their fights.

Audley, and tony thompson early 40's

Matt skelton Mid 40s! Come on man, step up and fight someone younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
      What the hell is with price fighting old men, and old men who havent looked good in their fights.

Audley, and tony thompson early 40's

Matt skelton Mid 40s! Come on man, step up and fight someone younger.
      Yeah, he should be trying to fight guys like Tyson Fury. Hey, wait a minute, he is!

Comment

IMO even though the heavyweight division isnt that strong the opposition Price is fighting is setting him up to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Yeah, he should be trying to fight guys like Tyson Fury. Hey, wait a minute, he is!
          Fury is beyond Price and has been for a while, He's been in the Ring top 10 heavyweights for almost a year, and has fought good opposition, he's maybe one fight away from a World Title shot.

Obviously Baloney and Price, they want to try and piggy back off Fury and parlay into a world title shot, and Fury has told them to swivel.

Instead of fighting old men and talking ****, Price could go fight someone decent and bring something to the table.

OAP washed up Tony Thompson, who just got his final payday and is ready to ride off into the sunset is not impressive to me.

Comment

Baloney knows two things

A) Price might leave him soon

B) Price has no inside game and a weak chin, thus is likely to get poleaxed when he steps up past domestic gatekeepers.

For that reason, he is DESPERATE to get Price in with Fury so he can at least make some cash off price.

That's all there is to it.

Comment

People need to chill about Price's competition.

He's done the usual 'cleaning out the division' and is now scheduled to face Thompson early next year. Whilst he's not being moved as fast I'd hoped he's still remaining active and fought twice in as many months.

I'd like to see him fight an opponent next year that will take him the distance and one that will pressure him.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                People need to chill about Price's competition.

He's done the usual 'cleaning out the division' and is now scheduled to face Thompson early next year. Whilst he's not being moved as fast I'd hoped he's still remaining active and fought twice in as many months.

I'd like to see him fight an opponent next year that will take him the distance and one that will pressure him.
                No point keeping active against opposition you just blow away, he gains nothing apart from an extra few quid and the fans gain nothing.

Comment

His first two fights this year were credible, he can't go from Dallas to Thompson or from McDermott to Thompson either. I was hoping that his third fight would be against a much better opponent than our domestic fighters, sadly it didn't happen. Just over a month later he fights Skelton and thus ends his progress in 2012.

His progression is better and faster than that of Fury's yet I see no people complain. Maybe if he struggled like Fury did, they'd be lenient...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Fury is beyond Price and has been for a while, He's been in the Ring top 10 heavyweights for almost a year, and has fought good opposition, he's maybe one fight away from a World Title shot.

Obviously Baloney and Price, they want to try and piggy back off Fury and parlay into a world title shot, and Fury has told them to swivel.

Instead of fighting old men and talking ****, Price could go fight someone decent and bring something to the table.

OAP washed up Tony Thompson, who just got his final payday and is ready to ride off into the sunset is not impressive to me.
                    The idea that Fury and Price are on two completely different levels or that they are so far apart that there shouldn't be a fight between them is ridiculous.

They are both clearly the best in the UK, other than Haye who looks a level above either. Neither has beaten a legit world level opponent, and a Ring magazine rating does not prove otherwise. Fury is clearly still making improvements and it would be too soon to have him face Wlad or Vitali. Both would probably consider him as an opponent, but the same is true of Price, or at the least will be after he beats Thompson.

Comment

Working...
                    X