No announcement yet.

Is Javier Fortuna being protected?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Is Gary Russell Jr ever going to step up? If anything he is the protected one. Didn't he have around 300 amateur fights? Hes well in 20+ pro fight range and still not fought a single opponent with a pulse.

Sure he might have fought a lot of guys with nice looking ''30-2'' records and such but they've been padded to the max.

Russell Jr needs to step it up.
    Yeah, Russell definitely needs better competition and maybe that's why I would have loved to see Fortuna against him. However, I can see how they can, perhaps, build these two up where they can match them up later down the road when they are higher up the ranks and I suppose money wise it would make sense. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Yuandale Evans
      Cristobal Cruz
      Patrick Hyland
      Miguel Roman

and now Luis Franco a kid that can outbox Fortuna..If Fortuna wins this fight I hope he fights Robinson Castellanos next

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
        Oh, I do agree that they are doing a good job with him. On the flip side I would rather see a fighter being protected than being thrown in with the sharks if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm overlooking Franco. All I can go by is the few vids on youtube of him and he does not impress me. Looks like a brawler/boxer but nothing that says he beats Fortuna. I'm thinking Fortuna knocks him out because of how he appears to come forward but maybe I'm mistaken. I hope it's a good scrap.

I'm not sure about Franco I feel he could be a guy that maybe lacks motivation/finds it hard to get up for fights or possibly fights down to the level of his opposition. Hes definitely got some good talent but yh he often seems like he don't want to be there almost.

I know he was threatening retirement at one point and pulled out of one or two title shots

This is a fight he surely can get up for, its a big opportunity so hopefully it'll bring out the best in him and we'll get a good fight.

Comment

Working...
        X