Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a potential team of Howard, Williams, and Johnson beat the Heat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they would have a chance in hell. Lebron and Wade would have a field day with Johnson and Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I don't think they would have a chance in hell. Lebron and Wade would have a field day with Johnson and Williams.

perhaps

but with Williams and Dwight (assuming he's 100% healthy), the Nets are strongest at Miami's weakest spots

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        perhaps

but with Williams and Dwight (assuming he's 100% healthy), the Nets are strongest at Miami's weakest spots
        That's a good point but the Heat will be stronger at the 2,3 and 4. Johnson and Wallace are good but they're not on LeBron and Wade's level.

Comment

Formidable : Yes

Beating the Heat : No

For the love of God somebody, anybody throw a monkey wrench at that fk'n Russian !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilistic™ View Post
            That's a good point but the Heat will be stronger at the 2,3 and 4. Johnson and Wallace are good but they're not on LeBron and Wade's level.

i was just thinking about what an old ass KG and offensively limited Rondo were able to do

but we dont even know how the chemistry would work with the Nets

it took the Heat a couple of seasons to adjust together

Comment

Those 4 matchup really well. Dwight hasnt had a PG like Williams before. Joe Johnson will get so many more open looks and less pressure.
              Wallace is underrated and he doesnt have to score to make a difference.

They just need to put a bench together but they will be a top playoff team right away. Jason Richardson as a 6th man is solid too if this trade happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                You would put Wallace at the 4? I could see him guarding Chris Bosh but most NBA PF's should be able to take advantage of him. It's too bad the Net's probably can't hold on to Humphries.
                why? the post up game is dead in the NBA. other than Griffin(who's prob gonna play C this year since they got Odom) no PF has a true post-up game.

I could see Wallace being a Rodman type PF.
                Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-09-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i was just thinking about what an old ass KG and offensively limited Rondo were able to do.

but we dont even know how the chemistry would work with the Nets

it took the Heat a couple of seasons to adjust together
                  and the Heat still haven't meshed. why? cuz Lebron and Wade have clashing styles.

The only reason it worked this year is cuz Lebron just took over completely. He took smarter shots and took advantage of his matchups rather than trying to play like a pure perimeter player.

Deron, Johnson and Dwight matchup well together. I could see that working right away.

Comment

The geriatric, M*A*S*H unit Celtics came this close to bouncing them.

Heat - Missing Bosh (but still got him back), D-Whistle hobbled
                    Celtics - Missing Bradley, Wilcox, Green, Paul Pierce hobbled, Ray Allen hobbled

Plus the Heat needed that shady ass ref-assisted Game 2 "win" to pull out the series

Comment

Originally posted by Maidana vs Rios View Post
                      The geriatric, M*A*S*H unit Celtics came this close to bouncing them.

Heat - Missing Bosh (but still got him back), D-Whistle hobbled
                      Celtics - Missing Bradley, Wilcox, Green, Paul Pierce hobbled, Ray Allen hobbled

Plus the Heat needed that shady ass ref-assisted Game 2 "win" to pull out the series
                      Agreed. People forget how close the old banged up Celtics came to beating Miami. The C's had a close out game at home. They say PG and C are the most important positions in basketball. If that's the case, then no team has a better combination than Williams and Howard. Johnson is a very good player in his own right, he's just not good enough to be the alpha dog on an elite team, which was expected of him in the ATL. However, on this potential Nets team JJ is their third best player. Howard and Williams will take a lot of pressure off of JJ. Wallace is a good player who can play defense. The Nets just need to round out their team and get some shooters that Dwight can kick it out to when he's doubled.

Comment

Working...
                      X