Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In about 2 weeks, Lakers will get the boost they need to permanently fly by everyone.

Scooped him up in my fantasy before anyone else could.

Comment

• Nov 27th update

With each coming day, Lakers center Andrew Bynum is progressing just a little bit more as he continues to rehabilitate his knee towards the goal of returning to game action in two or three weeks.

During Saturday’s practice, Bynum participated in 1-on-1 drills for the first time, going up against rookie center Derrick Caracter in a session he said went well. Bynum also went through some skill work, execution drills and a rebounding session with the team.

“We had a little bit of contact because we did a double rebound session that put bodies on bodies out there to see how he’d react,” said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, who said that his 7-footer responded well.

Bynum’s next progression will be a game of 3-on-3, which he hopes comes soon.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” the 23-year-old offered. “Getting in shape … I got a little bit bigger in my upper body, working out my legs, just trying to get strong, stay strong.”

“”We’re starting to put him on the floor (to do skill work) and see how he reacts to that,” said Jackson. “We can’t gauge what’s going to go on until tomorrow, basically, see how he feels after a work out like this.”

As has been the case throughout training camp and the regular season, Bynum has yet to identify a specific target date for his return, though he acknowledged that the middle of the month is a reasonable goal.

“I want to get back probably more than they want me back at this point because they want me to be healthy,” Bynum concluded.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Nov 27th update

With each coming day, Lakers center Andrew Bynum is progressing just a little bit more as he continues to rehabilitate his knee towards the goal of returning to game action in two or three weeks.

During Saturday’s practice, Bynum participated in 1-on-1 drills for the first time, going up against rookie center Derrick Caracter in a session he said went well. Bynum also went through some skill work, execution drills and a rebounding session with the team.

“We had a little bit of contact because we did a double rebound session that put bodies on bodies out there to see how he’d react,” said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, who said that his 7-footer responded well.

Bynum’s next progression will be a game of 3-on-3, which he hopes comes soon.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” the 23-year-old offered. “Getting in shape … I got a little bit bigger in my upper body, working out my legs, just trying to get strong, stay strong.”

“”We’re starting to put him on the floor (to do skill work) and see how he reacts to that,” said Jackson. “We can’t gauge what’s going to go on until tomorrow, basically, see how he feels after a work out like this.”

As has been the case throughout training camp and the regular season, Bynum has yet to identify a specific target date for his return, though he acknowledged that the middle of the month is a reasonable goal.

“I want to get back probably more than they want me back at this point because they want me to be healthy,” Bynum concluded.
        Bynum is gonna be a much needed presence in the middle.....we gotta get that D right........

Comment

• Bynum is needed but how long is he going to last? He is made of glass, he is the Chad Pennington of the NBA.

Comment

• Bynum will be alright, he's only 23...

Comment

• they might sit Pau tonight because of that bad hammy

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                they might sit Pau tonight because of that bad hammy
                Saw that.....it was bothering him in the last game.......at this pace we gonna need to brin Mbenga back...........

DAAACOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO THE RESCUE!!!! HAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick Ric View Post
                  Saw that.....it was bothering him in the last game.......at this pace we gonna need to brin Mbenga back...........

DAAACOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO THE RESCUE!!!! HAHAHA
                  LAKESHOW back to the W.....

less get going now........less rip another 10 w streak!!!

The big of this month looks pretty weak....except for Chi town (and we should beat them too) the month is pretty legit for the Lakeshow (at least on paper) last week of the month is no joke though @ San Antone and next day @ New Orle......LESSSSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• +

=

DAMN THAT WAS CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• mak and tua must be feeling like the boy in this gif after that narrow win..

Comment

Working...
                      X