Nate Marquardt vs. Demian Maia(Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
    Hey Move Bricks,

What happened to the grappler, Maia, not being able to take the striker, Marquardt down? There goes your argument, lol.

A BJJ or Wrestler w/ very low boxing or MT IQ is not gonna have an easy time taking it to the ground against highly skilled strikers, be it a boxer or Muay Thai fighter.
    Lol, Maia was trying to strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
      Lol, Maia was trying to strike.
      That's precisely my point, dude. You've completely missed the boat!!

My point is, that if a pure ground guy, like Maia, cannot solely rely on his bjj alone, if he were to go up against a superior striker or in Marquardt's case an experienced one, look at what happened.

THere's a reason why Maia threw that kick, because he was trying to surprise Nate, ala Gonzaga on Cro-Cop. But, Maia did a poor job of executing it, he didn't set it up!!

Comment

My point is, that if a pure ground guy, like Maia, cannot solely rely on his bjj alone, if he were to go up against a superior striker or in Marquardt's case an experienced one, look at what happened.

THere's a reason why Maia threw that kick, because he was trying to surprise Nate, ala Gonzaga on Cro-Cop. But, Maia did a poor job of executing it, he didn't set it up!!
        he was trying to strike with him for a bit, because he knows that nate has trained a lot of takedown deffence. if nate was a pure striker, wih no wrestling ability at all, maia would have taken it straight to the ground, most likely successfully.

Comment

there is no PURE grappler vs PURE striker in mma anymore, so you cant use recent fights to prove your theory.

maybe back in the day when Royce was schooling guys....

Comment

Working...
          X