Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime reach out to artist Dan Cassarro for Mayhem artwork. Look at his response.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the reddit thread on this, apparently he still has to claim tax on these 'free tickets'. He'd still have to shell 250-500$ out of his own pocket for something he may not even be interested in.

You have to remember that art, writing, and other trades are professions that people get educated and trained for. It's similarly insulting if you ask an English professor from Stanford to enter a writing sweepstakes for Super Bowl tickets. It's rude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      So you see no problem in showtime(owned by the second largest network in the world) asking a professional to work for free for an event that will generate hundred of millions in revenue? In exchange for an plane ticket that he'll be taxed on?

This guys not some college intern he's a professional and lives off of his work. Why wouldn't he want to get paid for his skills. I'm no artist but creating art can't be that easy. If they can spend millions on promoting the event and the participants there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to compensate an artist for his work. It's as much a skill as boxing.
      The USA ask NBA players to play for their country and guess how much they get paid for playing on the USA team?

A plane ticket, food and a contest where they have the chance to win a gold medal, and you're talking about multi millionaire, not aspiring artist.

Who gives a shyt how much this fight is gonna make, it's a contest, the first sentence in that dumbass letter says so, if you don't want in, just say no, pass it along to someone who coukd use the help.

When this dudes starts making Kobe and Lebron money and has the possibility of ruining his career for a gold medal, holla at me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        The USA ask NBA players to play for their country and guess how much they get paid for playing on the USA team?

A plane ticket, food and a contest where they have the chance to win a gold medal, and you're talking about multi millionaire, not aspiring artist.

Who gives a shyt how much this fight is gonna make, it's a contest, the first sentence in that dumbass letter says so, if you don't want in, just say no, pass it along to someone who coukd use the help.

When this dudes starts making Kobe and Lebron money and has the possibility of ruining his career for a gold medal, holla at me.
        usa and sho do not make a good comparison though...

one is for the love of country....

love of sho? seems odd!?

Comment

• Good for him I guess but at the same time, who's to say this couldn't have led to bigger projects which would have included MORE MONEY and maybe even Showtime eventually hiring the dude. Hopefully it is not a decision he regrets because that would SUCK for him but I understand what he is saying 100% and understand him wanting to get paid

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
            I see we still have ignorant kids posting here defending showtime. Thanks to this thread, it's easy to see who the underaged immature children are.
            Tell me about it. Here's one.

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Comment

• thats a fair enough response. sho are basically trying to get different artists to paint for free and submit their work which gives sho a variety of event-specific artwork to choose from but only the ones they use are the ones who get paid.

it's like going to a coffee shop and ordering every kind of coffee, tasting them all but just paying for the one you end up drinking.

the funny thing is I think the artwork idea is actually Mayweather's because if you remember the last 24/7 he was very particular about the artwork around MGM - he had them pull down the photographed posters and use only the paintbrush style posters. so i think sho are trying to meet floyds requirements of having a choice of artwork - they are just doing it as cheaply as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

There's absolutely no comparison between NBA players and Dan Cassarro.

SMFH at the bolded…in others who give a shyt that all other professionals are making bank off of the event, Cassarro should just work for free even though they have vast resources to compensate his work. Why minimize one guys skills set when he's worked his ass off to get his degree and develop his skills? There's a reason they sought out professionals for this "contest", they want high quality work otherwise they would've settled for amateurs.

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                  usa and sho do not make a good comparison though...

one is for the love of country....

love of sho? seems odd!?
                  At the end of the day, they're both contest, it really doesn't matter who or what it's about, if doesn't interest you, you could be a man like Lebron and respectfully decline, or you could try your best to look cool because you "Raged against the machine".

Comment

• Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                    Maybe he likes money more than boxing...you ever think of that?
                    Who is this guy? I never heard of him and why is the OP being a professional ****blower and posting this?

How much he be getting for his projects or how wealthy is he now? Also who the hell is this guy? lol you know what this guy must be the OP and he's getting his name out there by using mayweathers name. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                      There's absolutely no comparison between NBA players and Dan Cassarro.

SMFH at the bolded…in others who give a shyt that all other professionals are making bank off of the event, Cassarro should just work for free even though they have vast resources to compensate his work. Why minimize one guys skills set when he's worked his ass off to get his degree and develop his skills? There's a reason they sought out professionals for this "contest", they want high quality work otherwise they would've settled for amateurs.
                      I tried commissioning amateurs once to do a logo, actually it was in a similar way to Sho - i had them submit their logos and then I would pay for the one I liked.

They were all garbage, apart from one but even that one wasn't good enough. But the difference is that Sho is a massive TV network with a budget, whereas I was just a small-business owner with colossal debt.

I ended up creating the logo myself...

Comment

Working...
                      X