No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia says he wants Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    I actually like Garcia in this one. Gamboa is a bit too wily and can get checked by that right hand. Question is if Garcia has enough pop.
    So you don't question Garcia's chin or passiveness? You think as passive as he is he won't have problems with Gamboa's hand/foot speed and work?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      So you don't question Garcia's chin or passiveness? You think as passive as he is he won't have problems with Gamboa's hand/foot speed and work?
      I never said Garcia wouldn't have problems, just said that I'd favor him over Gamboa. I've seen more of Gamboa than I have Garcia, maybe that's why.

Comment

I never said Garcia wouldn't have problems, just said that I'd favor him over Gamboa. I've seen more of Gamboa than I have Garcia, maybe that's why.
        So that means Garcia should have the more ?'s but you're favoring him? To each's own I suppose.

Comment

So that means Garcia should have the more ?'s but you're favoring him? To each's own I suppose.
          Never seen Garcia rocked, but I've seen Gamboa get hit by a clean right hand and get dropped; just so happens that Garcia's best punch is his straight right. Gamboa opens up more than Garcia does and Garcia's punches are straight and concise.

Garcia's footwork is terrible slow, so yeah, that can give him all kinds of problems, but guess what, Zab Judah had an iffy chin, faster hands, and faster footwork going into the fight with Tszyu.

Comment

Never seen Garcia rocked, but I've seen Gamboa get hit by a clean right hand and get dropped; just so happens that Garcia's best punch is his straight right. Gamboa opens up more than Garcia does and Garcia's punches are straight and concise.

Garcia's footwork is terrible slow, so yeah, that can give him all kinds of problems, but guess what, Zab Judah had an iffy chin, faster hands, and faster footwork going into the fight with Tszyu.
            Im pretty sure you also seen what happens to Gamboa's opponents after he gets up from a KD haven't you? And never in any of those KD's was Gamboa hurt. And you're comparing a mental midget Judah to Gamboa? Pfftt

Comment

Im pretty sure you also seen what happens to Gamboa's opponents after he gets up from a KD haven't you? And never in any of those KD's was Gamboa hurt. And you're comparing a mental midget Judah to Gamboa? Pfftt
              You need to go back and watch them then, he was clearly hurt by the punches; I think it was more telling of his recovery then how well he took the punch. Sure why not, seems to be along the same wavelength. Had a fight against Rios which he would have easily won but stepped out on it. At least Judah goes into the ring before looking for a way out of the fight.

Comment

You need to go back and watch them then, he was clearly hurt by the punches; I think it was more telling of his recovery then how well he took the punch. Sure why not, seems to be along the same wavelength. Had a fight against Rios which he would have easily won but stepped out on it. At least Judah goes into the ring before looking for a way out of the fight.
                Hurt? A hurt fighter doesn't get up and arguably win the round after being dropped. Ahh I see your agenda now, Gamboa ducked Rios? Yea Gamboa was hurt in those KDs.

Comment

Should've stopped debating with ya when you claimed Garcia beats Gamboa then turned around saying you haven't seen much of Garcia.

Comment

Hurt? A hurt fighter doesn't get up and arguably win the round after being dropped. Ahh I see your agenda now, Gamboa ducked Rios? Yea Gamboa was hurt in those KDs.
                    Agenda? I clearly stated that Gamboa would have beaten Rios with ease. Don't get emotional because I related Gamboa's fighting style to Judah's. Just so happens that he may display the same mental make-up as well.

Judah also came back to win those same rounds against those inferior fighters that knocked him down when he was undefeated, too.

Comment

Should've stopped debating with ya when you claimed Garcia beats Gamboa then turned around saying you haven't seen much of Garcia.
                      But you didn't, whose fault is that? Didn't realize you were so attached to Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                      X