Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gavin Rees: Sorry, But Broner Too Good For Ricky Burns!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heru View Post
    Underestimating Burns and overestimating Vazquez seems to be the trend around here. They have Vazquez beating Burns as a foregone conclusion...

Burns' style and ability is going to present problems for Titere though. Vazquez has been feasting on a steady diet of slow footed fighters that were reduced to chasing him around, swinging and missing. Burns' speed, size, activity, resilience, and hometown advantage is going to force Vazquez to be more assertive than he usually is. Unless Vazquez has a level he hasn't shown, he's going to lose a decision.

Broner would have his share of trouble against either fighter, but he'd stop Burns late and decision Vazquez after he figured them out...
    Exactly why i dont wanna see Vazquez fight Broner, it will be one boring ass fight with One guy chasing another around the ring trying to make a decent fight while the other runs a marathon. Im not saying i wanna see "rock'em sock'em" (we got rios vs alvarado coming) but damn one runner and one fighter does not make for a watchable fight.

Comment

2nd story I've seen (same author) referring to rees and burns as countrymen. Rees is Welsh and burns is Scottish. That's 2 separate countries. Inaccurate writing. They are both British but Great Britain is not a country.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
        This is whats so funny about alot of posters, you are hearing this from a former world champion, who actually fought Broner and sparred with Burns, but posters whom never put on a pair of gloves or fought 1 round try to act like they know more about boxing than a former world champion whos been in with both. lmao
        I could not have said it better myself.

Comment

Burns will get his ass handed to him. Period.

Comment

Yknow, I promised my lad that he'd see something special in Broner when we watched the fight.

Then Rees turned up with a plan. He moved his head, he moved his feet before he punched, and for 2 rounds Broner looked stronger but actually a little slow at times as he pushed his punches.

Then Rees abandoned all his good work. In the 3rd he started jumping in with shots, wide open to counters, instead of moving in to range smartly. His head movement evaporated, instead he tried to dodge bullets, and Broner started to tick over.

In the end it looked like a bigger, faster guy against an overmatched and often dazed little guy. Some of the lapses in Rees' focus were amateurish - such as the body shot that put him down.

Also the stoppage was weak sauce. Nowadays all you have to do is stun a guy a few times then flash a few clean shots home and the ref dives in. Now, cut the ref some slack, it was the corner that threw in the towel, but just because a fighter gets hit a few times is no reason to do that. I didn't see any damage on Rees' face. I didn't see him take any really jarring shots - nothing that made me squirm. He really should not have thrown in the towel at that point. Maybe Rees was almost certainly going to lose, but he was getting plenty of shots home on Broner. Sure, he hadn't hurt Broner at all up to that point, but often boxers look like they're shrugging off shots when they're accumulating damage. Very weak by Lockett.

In the end, my boy wasn't particularly impressed. Broner looked good... but special? When a guy stands in front of him, he can look a million dollars. It seems when a guy comes to fight with a plan, that blinding speed isn't really there. Unlike Ponce de Leon, Rees could only fight to a plan for 2 rounds though.

The Burns that fought Mitchell would have iced that version of Rees. I don't give Broner tremendous credit for doing so.

Unlike Rees, Burns has proven he can box to a plan for a full fight and not just whilst his legs are fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
              Yknow, I promised my lad that he'd see something special in Broner when we watched the fight.

Then Rees turned up with a plan. He moved his head, he moved his feet before he punched, and for 2 rounds Broner looked stronger but actually a little slow at times as he pushed his punches.

Then Rees abandoned all his good work. In the 3rd he started jumping in with shots, wide open to counters, instead of moving in to range smartly. His head movement evaporated, instead he tried to dodge bullets, and Broner started to tick over.

In the end it looked like a bigger, faster guy against an overmatched and often dazed little guy. Some of the lapses in Rees' focus were amateurish - such as the body shot that put him down.

Also the stoppage was weak sauce. Nowadays all you have to do is stun a guy a few times then flash a few clean shots home and the ref dives in. Now, cut the ref some slack, it was the corner that threw in the towel, but just because a fighter gets hit a few times is no reason to do that. I didn't see any damage on Rees' face. I didn't see him take any really jarring shots - nothing that made me squirm. He really should not have thrown in the towel at that point. Maybe Rees was almost certainly going to lose, but he was getting plenty of shots home on Broner. Sure, he hadn't hurt Broner at all up to that point, but often boxers look like they're shrugging off shots when they're accumulating damage. Very weak by Lockett.

In the end, my boy wasn't particularly impressed. Broner looked good... but special? When a guy stands in front of him, he can look a million dollars. It seems when a guy comes to fight with a plan, that blinding speed isn't really there. Unlike Ponce de Leon, Rees could only fight to a plan for 2 rounds though.

The Burns that fought Mitchell would have iced that version of Rees. I don't give Broner tremendous credit for doing so.

Unlike Rees, Burns has proven he can box to a plan for a full fight and not just whilst his legs are fresh.
              Very well said.

Ricky won't be a walk over for Broner. He boxes/moves well, attacks to head and body and has no such issues with concentration.

If Broner can adjust quickly then he really does deserve all this praise. It will be closer than most think.

Comment

Wow what nonsense are you talking about? I will admitt Broner didnt look his best the first couple of rounds but I just had the sense he couldve turn it up anytime he wanted and took him out .. he couldve ko him in the first if he really wanted to .. Broner is special man its undeniable

Comment

uh uh

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
                  Very well said.

Ricky won't be a walk over for Broner. He boxes/moves well, attacks to head and body and has no such issues with concentration.

If Broner can adjust quickly then he really does deserve all this praise. It will be closer than most think.
                  Ive seen Ricky fight a few times Broner would destroy him .. it wouldnt go past 5 .. Rees wasnt no walk over either until Broner made him look like one

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller
                    Burns is tough, has decent speed power and size. one thing that burns has is fitness, he trains very, very hard. Rees is garbage, he should stfu.not sure why gbp like using brits to build up filler fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    he should stfu huh just the other day he was getting praised for calling broner a prick

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      Props to Rees for being a good sport through all this. It takes a good person to admit something like that, especially about someone like Broner who makes it difficult to say anything good about in the first place. lol
                      This^^^^^^^ is spot on. Rees has a new fan in me fa sho. I hope to see more of the fella. I like Broner's skills as a fighter, but would like for him to tone it down just a lil bit so that the praise he deserves is not over shadowed by the young and dumb **** that he sometimes does.

Comment

Working...
                      X