Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny-Jmm faceoff on now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't make me want to spend 70 bucks honestly. I have no vested interest in the fight, no nationalistic pride, no conviction to see supposedly two great rivals act like old school fishing buddies given the controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      it was a good face off.

entertain specially when he asked Pacquiao if he thought he had won the fight...

then Pacquiao says yes then Max asks again in disbelief
      that was good

even if jmm is old and he loses he will always have the tools to capitaliz on mannys mistakes

so even if he gets blown away i think he will give manny some problems anyways

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        What was his reaction?
        Looked like Pac was laughing.

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
        Wtf are some of you complaining about. 4 of the greatests minds in boxing history talking technique, now how is that bad? Come on.
        I personally liked it.

Visually, it was cool to see them all watching their history like that.

And I don't see anything wrong with them talking a little strategy. It was basic stuff anyway. Pac and JMM are both elite boxers and have fought 24 rounds with each other, and that's not even counting all the hours of tape they've studied. I think that this way of doing the face/off was more of a gesture to the audience that with little to no strategic secrets between the two, that's it's all going to be about execution. And with Pac and JMM, they should expect another war.

Comment

Originally posted by bighead6 View Post
          Lol @ Manny wearing the same Gucci sweater that FM Jr wore... Trying to steal his swag.. hahaha
          What are you, the fashion police? Who cares what he was wearing.

Comment

I thought it was a great idea with the exception of the strategy breakdown using Manny and JMM as mannequins, that was awkward as hell. They should've just done the video session, the past 2 fights are crucial for selling the third, and then did a shorter version of the usual face-off.

That would've been more effective IMO, but it was something new at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
              I thought it was a great idea with the exception of the strategy breakdown using Manny and JMM as mannequins, that was awkward as hell. They should've just done the video session, the past 2 fights are crucial for selling the third, and then did a shorter version of the usual face-off.

That would've been more effective IMO, but it was something new at least.
              i agree

it brought me back to those two fights

and i got into it

im not gonna complain about this one cause i think its a decent fight

Comment

Pretty boring and awkward, I didn't like the idea at all. There was no real tension like you would imagine two "rivals" with their history having.

HBO really dropped the ball with this one, this could have been the best face off had they plaid their cards right.

Comment

Working...
                X