No announcement yet.

Pac-Margarito prediction by Vivek Wallace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-Margarito prediction by Vivek Wallace

Pacquiao vs Margarito - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, Official Prediction
    Vivek Wallace
    East Side Boxing

...Trading Places: At yesterday's weigh-in, an interesting conversation took place that shed light on what could be a very dark subject. In the past, Pacquiao and those in his camp have been able to rest easy, while opponents and their team failed to sleep tight. Suddenly, it's been openly acknowledged that Roach, Ariza, and others from Team Pacquiao admittedly have a case of nerves; while Margarito, himself, who has no discomfort in the mind, has slept like a baby. The HBO 24/7 spin on this topic was made for television. But hearing this scary admission directly from a source within the camp leaves many asking "isn't it funny how some things completely turn around"? Team Pacquiao and the opponent appear to have completely traded places! Now, lets see if that translates to going from the "W" column to the "L" column! Possible, but very improbable!...

When the smoke clears and it all boils down, there are two things that matter the most in this fight. One man is bidding for history....the other for redemption and ultimate vindication. Perhaps the most telling moment of this entire pre-fight hype came when a woman stopped Antonio Margarito and asked for his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao, and the smiling Margarito immediately grew a stone-face, responding by saying "I'm not here to make a friend, I'm here to take out an enemy"! This candid demeanor was later solidified as the two warriors stood face to face for the final stare down, and Pacquiao broke his stone-face for a smile, twice, and never got one back in return.

When you think of the constant smiling and gallivanting between Joshua Clottey and Manny Pacquiao only a few months ago, this subplot pales in comparison. Anyone on a different sheet of music, instantly, and officially, at that precise moment, the true 'tone' was set.

...Only twice in my life have I literally back-tracked and changed a prediction on fight day. The Hopkins/Pavlik fight (swapped to Hopkins), and the Margarito/Cotto fight, (swapped to Margarito). In this case, I've maintained "Pacquiao on points" from day one, but, realizing that his most grueling affairs have come at the hands of Mexican warriors, and here he's in against one whose physical dimensions dwarf his own, it has become virtually impossible not to sway the other way. I've only picked against Pacquiao two times, and each time he has proven me wrong. I vowed never to do it again, yet in the end, here I am again. With Mayweather waiting in the wings, I can only hope Pacquiao finds a way to keep that streak of proving me wrong alive. I simply don't have enough courage to put my word on it! For Pacquiao it's about history.....for Margarito it's about redemption.....but in the end, this night is about the people, as the only certainty is a "Fight of the Year" candidate waiting to happen!

(ANTONIO MARGARITO via 12RD TKO ---- UPSET BAROMETER: PEAKS at 5 of 5 --- As Pacquiao can clearly win on points or late stoppage)
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 11-13-2010, 05:39 AM.

I dare you *****s to bet on Margarito. Put you foot where your mouth is...

Comment

Pacquiao will win the fight tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
      X