Jose Benavidez ***THE HYPE IS REAL***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
    if benavidez was european Demise would be all over the hype train
    Demise doesn't jump on any hype trains until the fighter has at least done something of note.

Just like Pirog when he fought Kofi J.

When Benavidez steps up and shows the same class, skill, power etc against an opponent with a pulse. I'll start to take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
      Demise doesn't jump on any hype trains until the fighter has at least done something of note.

Just like Pirog when he fought Kofi J.

When Benavidez steps up and shows the same class, skill, power etc against an opponent with a pulse. I'll start to take notice.
      at 18 did you expect him to KO JMM already?

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        so wait...you dont think being 18 counts for anything?

I mean, fighters dont their prime until their 20s at least, and if the guy already looks really good that suggests hes going to get even better in the next 2 to 3 years...

if you havent noticed, the only amateurs that have high level success in the pro ring are the young ones. Khan, Wladimir, Mayweather...these guys were all very, 20 or lower, when they competed in amateurs.

meanwhile you look at these amateurs with amazing credentials but are like 28, then they turn pro, beat some bums, and get upset by some nobody when they step up in class.

Im being generalistic, but very young amateur stars hold WAY more promise than older ones for the most part.
        Of course being 18 counts for something but I don't care about age at the moment. I only care about his opponents.

If the guy was showing so much promise, why not put him in with stiffer competition?

Why constantly feed him poor opposition? He'd be better off fighting one stiff test, then 10 bums.

Comment

at 18 did you expect him to KO JMM already?
          Of course not.

I'll ask again,

Why is the hype real?

Comment

Of course not.

I'll ask again,

Why is the hype real?
            your just a troll. welcome to ignore SON

Comment

Of course being 18 counts for something but I don't care about age at the moment. I only care about his opponents.

If the guy was showing so much promise, why not put him in with stiffer competition?

Why constantly feed him poor opposition? He'd be better off fighting one stiff test, then 10 bums.
              go through the list of your ATGs. How many of them fought anything but bums in their first 10 fights?
              floyd Mayweather fought nothing but bums in his first 7 fights, and still didnt get all KOs.
              Pacquiao fought nothing but bums in his first 7 fights, and only got 2 KOs.
              Wladimir fought nothing but bums in his first 7 fights
              Paul Williams fought nothign but bums
              Martinez fought nothing but bums
              Bute fought nothing but bums
              Hopkins fought nothing but bums
              Marquez fought nothing but bums
              Mosley fought nothing but bums
              Adamek fought nothing but bums
              Cotto fought nothing but bums

OK, I think my point is made. No prospects almost ever fight anything but bums in their first 7 fights.
              if a fighter looks good, is young, and holds promise to grow, then why not get excited about them? its not going to kill you if a prospect doesnt turn out to be what you thought, and it makes boxing more exciting.

Comment

I like benavidez alot,Kids got power.He should be fighting every two
                weeks,The way hes knocking em out.

Comment

what were you doing when you was 18

you do have a valid point when u say he is 18 and is kncking man out.

But why ruin it by posting that I own u pic.

I agree more demise.

The hype is real alright.

He is a very very very good prospect, lets leave it at that.

Comment

Demise is such a hating pathetic prick, He's even on the Pirog bandwagon because he knocked out an American. Dude didn't even talk about him before that

Comment

he's fighting a midget. it's like wlad vs dawson or pwill vs mitchell.

Comment

Working...
                      X