Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Open Workout for Carlos Molina – Pad Work and Control Is Fun Drills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan Open Workout for Carlos Molina – Pad Work and Control Is Fun Drills

Amir Khan’s media workout for his fight vs Carlos Molina on Saturday. This is his first fight as a pupil of Virgil Hunter. Here they work the mitts and Khan does some shadowboxing. Looks like Virgil Hunter has added some control drills to Amir Khan’s training regimen.

This kid just looks like an amatuer to me! He doesn't finish off his combinations with defense he just stands there and NEVER moves forward with a series of combos!
    He MUST fight a "boxers" fight and move in an out perfectly and utilize laterial movement without "running into punches"! He just reminds me of a stiff amatuer straight up boxer who looks good but gets derailed when any sort of pressure is applied. I wish him well but the 2 fights that I've seen show me very little! Ray.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, coach. A lot of movement at the end, hopefully Hunter will have him start measuring more like Mayweather and Ward by extending the arm and pivoting. Hard to get rid of a habit that's been exercised over the span of a career, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
        Thanks for posting this, coach. A lot of movement at the end, hopefully Hunter will have him start measuring more like Mayweather and Ward by extending the arm and pivoting. Hard to get rid of a habit that's been exercised over the span of a career, though.
        Definitely a difficult task to break habits. Good for Khan though he chose a philosopher and teacher that believes in Film Study and Drilling rather than Superstitions.

I have a new respect for Khan. It takes balls to make a change. He truly wants to be a complete Martial Artist. I hope that manifest itself for him.

I can't comment on the "Control" you mentioned above, it'd be like talking ancient Swahili here on this forum. Overheads. great comment Dee
        Last edited by BarryRobinson; 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
          Definitely a difficult task to break habits. Good for Khan though he chose a philosopher and teacher that believes in Film Study and Drilling rather than Superstitions.

I have a new respect for Khan. It takes balls to make a change. He truly wants to be a complete Martial Artist. I hope that manifest itself for him.

I can't comment on the "Control" you mentioned above, it'd be like talking ancient Swahili here on this forum. Overheads. great comment Dee
          Hahaha, definitely, coach. Great point on Hunter being a philosopher. As matter of fact, one of his interview put me on to the style of Charley Burley. I just watched the "Behind the Ropes" episode that was posted on NSB.... Hunter is an amazing trainer!

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
            Hahaha, definitely, coach. Great point on Hunter being a philosopher. As matter of fact, one of his interview put me on to the style of Charley Burley. I just watched the "Behind the Ropes" episode that was posted on NSB.... Hunter is an amazing trainer!
            Do me a favor, send me the link to that in a private message please.

Comment

You think Khan is going to thrive w/ Hunter? As a great a trainer he is, sometimes it's just too late or the fighter just doesn't possess the mind or gifts to carry out the plan.

No bull, though, I couldn't stand Ward going into the Super Six but by the end, he and Hunter are one of my favorite tandems in the game.

Mayweather's
              Barry Hunter-Peterson's
              Beristein-Marquez
              Richardson-Bhop
              Gabby Sarmiento-Martinez

Would've liked Sweet Pea-Spaddy and Zab if it worked but...
              Last edited by deejd; 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X