Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Thompson Drills Price in British Boxing Stunner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at Thompsons belly rolls thats what you get when u insult the american anthem b*tchis

Comment

At the end of the day, if Price has the goods, this can be his Ross Purity type of experience. I didn't even know what he looks like. Apparently he looks to be in great shape, his abs are showing. The Klitschko brothers are bar-o-meter for 6'7 guys. The little guys want to be like Floyd, the big guys should emulate Wlad.

But it's easier said than done. Being tall is not a get out of jail free card.

Comment

hype job brit

Comment

People saying hype job and how overrated he is because of one loss are going overboard. One loss does not ruin a career. This could be good for him. It shows him what he needs to get better at and shows him that he is not unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
            People saying hype job and how overrated he is because of one loss are going overboard. One loss does not ruin a career. This could be good for him. It shows him what he needs to get better at and shows him that he is not unstoppable.
            You're being an apologist.

People were making Price out to be the next coming. Those with a bit more wisdom said to wait for him to be tested properly first.

Thompson was his first proper test. He failed, miserably. Thompson was out of shape, was hittable and Price collapsed like a sack of bricks under a cuffing shot to the back of the ear. It was not the kind of precise power shots that stunned Wladimir (Corrie Sanders far more dangerous than Thompson) or the kind of thudding haymaker that dropped Fury (who bounced straight back up and won).

On this evidence, Price stands no chance against any competent heavyweight, because he'll fold the second he gets hit. You can't train your chin, and now all that inimidation that he'd built up has been swept away, and future opponents will jump him.

Fortunately for Price there's not many competent heavyweights; but there's enough to limit him to European level at best. I can't see him beating a Chisora, Helenius, Fury, let alone a Haye or Klitschko.

At least Khan can protect that chin over 12 rounds. There's no way a guy of Price's size can stay away from a determined opponent for 12 rounds. (Well, Wladimir Klitschko can do it but he's a freak physical specimen, and I also believe he takes a better shot than Price after watching this.)

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
              price has got the worst chin i have ever seen steve bunce keeps comparing that ko to khan's ko when the shot from garcia would of knocked a pony out,price in his next fight he will be ktfo when they touch gloves.
              I still believe Khan's is worse. In the Prescott fight, Khan was staggered by a jab.

I still believe Price is a very good prospect. He has the height to stay at range, and, hopefully, this fight will make him want to do that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                You're being an apologist.

People were making Price out to be the next coming. Those with a bit more wisdom said to wait for him to be tested properly first.

Thompson was his first proper test. He failed, miserably. Thompson was out of shape, was hittable and Price collapsed like a sack of bricks under a cuffing shot to the back of the ear. It was not the kind of precise power shots that stunned Wladimir (Corrie Sanders far more dangerous than Thompson) or the kind of thudding haymaker that dropped Fury (who bounced straight back up and won).

On this evidence, Price stands no chance against any competent heavyweight, because he'll fold the second he gets hit. You can't train your chin, and now all that inimidation that he'd built up has been swept away, and future opponents will jump him.

Fortunately for Price there's not many competent heavyweights; but there's enough to limit him to European level at best. I can't see him beating a Chisora, Helenius, Fury, let alone a Haye or Klitschko.

At least Khan can protect that chin over 12 rounds. There's no way a guy of Price's size can stay away from a determined opponent for 12 rounds. (Well, Wladimir Klitschko can do it but he's a freak physical specimen, and I also believe he takes a better shot than Price after watching this.)
                When I see a fight like this I don't automatically jump on a guy and say he is just a hype job. Just look at both Klitschko bros. Early on in their career they had losses and roadblocks they had to get over. If Price comes out and looks bad his next fight then maybe I think hype job but for now it is just his first loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
                  When I see a fight like this I don't automatically jump on a guy and say he is just a hype job. Just look at both Klitschko bros. Early on in their career they had losses and roadblocks they had to get over. If Price comes out and looks bad his next fight then maybe I think hype job but for now it is just his first loss.
                  Boxing fans are Harsh dude lol

Comment

I'm sorry guys but this is just laughable... What a hype job was Price.
                    Thompson was so out of shape, and he just tabbed him on his ear or something. There's the answer about Price's chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X