Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel couldn't breath and quit. Nate couldn't see and fight was stopped.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KENSHIRO View Post
    Like I've said, I don't know what to believe. We can't talk about Nate here because neither of us know what was up with his eye, we're not him. Thing is, it is very hard to defend him because it really looked like he wanted a way out. I wasn't worried about Nate, he didn't take the beating I thought he did, it was competitive with Bradley having his moments but I honestly believed Nate would come back.

Nate is known for coming back, so when I saw him quit like that, I was stunned, it was so unexpected and I was beginning to like Nate. I'm not gonna be too harsh on him, I'll just let this one slide. I still don't know what to believe, I do know that the ref did a bad job and Nate had a reason to complain. We're not gonna act like Bradley doesn't headbutt, Holt had to deal with it also.
    My exact same reaction when I saw Vaz-Marq I. I was like, this aint the Vazquez who got up 2-3 times after getting floored by Gonzalez and came back to win. But then I thought and reasoned that he has shown so much warrior spirit before that when he stated that he couldn't competitively continue I BELIEVE him.

Same with Nate. Could he have continued......sure but he believed that he couldn't competitively continue with his injury. Again I believe him.

Comment

You cant give any benefit of doubt specially if they dont focus on their own fight, and talk about other fighters when you already got something else to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
        LOL....@ the Ultimate Warrior...

Classic **** man..

Search the word Warrior
        In only 20 pages of 'nonstop boxing' the word Warrior is used over 500 times.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
          Search the word Warrior
          In only 20 pages of 'nonstop boxing' the word Warrior is said over 500 times.
          Hahaha, well he is the Galaxy Warrior. But those gifs are freaky haha. Didn't the Ultimate Warrior die of a heart attack before age 30 due to all the steroids?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
              Hahaha, well he is the Galaxy Warrior. But those gifs are freaky haha. Didn't the Ultimate Warrior die of a heart attack before age 30 due to all the steroids?
              No just a myth.
              He changed his legal name to Warrior so he could keep the rights to the gimmick and became a motivational speaker and political nutcase.

Comment

"I like Israel Vazquez a lot. Against Rafael Marquez, in their first fight, his nose was mangled and he stopped fighting. He quit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have quit; I would have quit long before he did. The vast majority of people who ever lived would have quit. I'm not saying it was a bad decision or that he shouldn't have quit. But what we demand of fighters in order to say that they're truly great is that they don't quit in those circumstances. And he did. Now, Vazquez came back and won two incredible fights against Marquez, and if you want to call him a great fighter, I'm not going to argue with you, really. But he quit." --Max Kellerman

Comment

Im not labeling Campbell as a quitter. But Bradley was going to take the fight with ease in my opinion. He is the best at 140 in my opinion not really counting pac. He just looks really good.

Comment

Campbell was being dominated and quit. End of story. I lost whatever little respect I had left for the guy. He talks so much **** about how he's a warrior, but he's just a quitter in the end. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Don't go around saying you're the only one in boxing with heart and the only warrior if you're gonna quit when the going gets tough. I seriously doubt he would have quit had that been round 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X