Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Oscar Pistorious BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE in these OLYMPICS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Oscar Pistorious BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE in these OLYMPICS?

For those of you that dont know, Oscar Pistorious is a 400 meter south african runner with carbon fiber legs. Should he be allowed to compete with other runners who are 100% flesh & bone?

People have been arguing whether or not he gets a unfair advantage, whether he belongs in these games or the paralympics.

Poll & discuss....

Yes
    58.82%
    No
    41.18%
    Last edited by The Tase; 08-04-2012, 02:40 PM.

I don't think he should be allowed to compete. People are being blinded by compassion about this. He basically has to do half the work as anyone else and has less muscles and things to potentially pull/injure. He also has the ability to change blades between races. I mean the argument is that it takes him longer to accelerate so it all evens out, but really I think this is a slippery slope.

Comment

Po' lil' tink tink.

Comment

Those blades don't look like they weight as much as actual body parts.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I don't think he should be allowed to compete. People are being blinded by compassion about this. He basically has to do half the work as anyone else and has less muscles and things to potentially pull/injure. He also has the ability to change blades between races. I mean the argument is that it takes him longer to accelerate so it all evens out, but really I think this is a slippery slope.

i cant believe the IOC allowed him. He has steel fiber feet while other runners are flesh & bone.

He doesnt have to deal with pain & fatigue like other natural runners do. I hope he medals & this blows up in the IOC's face.

Comment

What about that high school wrestler that was missing his legs so he didn't weigh hardly anything at all. Dude was swole as **** tossing around these like 110 lbs pubescent kids like rag dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              What about that high school wrestler that was missing his legs so he didn't weigh hardly anything at all. Dude was swole as **** tossing around these like 110 lbs pubescent kids like rag dolls.
              there must be some hard core bleeding heart liberals in the IOC.

Comment

I don't think it's fair...like someone previously mentioned, it's a very slippery slope. What's next?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post

Po' lil' tink tink.

Comment

Yup. I am actually kind of proud to see him do his thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X