Collapse
No announcement yet.

More skillful GGG or JCC sr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As of now JCC SR because he has shown more on both ends.

That said, do not underestimate GGG, When he finally gets in with a real opponent you will see he has a wealth of skills, including defensively. He may not be Floyd, rigo, ward, or JMM but he is right beneath them IMO.

Comment

JCC Sr by far especially at the lower weights.

Anybody voting GGG is a straight up delusional fanboy or hasn't seen Sr in his prime and assume he is just some Mexican brawler.

His footwork and defense, upper bodymovement was on a whole nother level.

GGG's defensive stats are so good because 1) his opposition has been lackluster to say the least 2) The poor opposition have been too scared to commit to anything.

Comment

It's almost as weird to compare him to Senior as it would be Junior. Because he's got a pretty comfortable gap between both of them on either side lol

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          definitely GGG.
          so now the flavor of the month (without a win over a class A opponent) is more skillful than a top 15 ATG? GTFOH!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
            i agree he defense on the inside was amzing. he didnt have to run like lara to make them miss that was the beauty. Oye do you see a little of chavez sr in triple G or is it just me?
            Well Abel Sanchez said that when he first met with GGG he told him he would mold him in the form of Chavez Sr.

I think GGG stalks his opponents and cuts off the ring like Sr but he doesn't have the head movement or punch output.

I don't think he will ever reach the level of Sr. he was just something special, one of the greatest to ever lace them up. We also really haven't seen GGG tested so we don't know what his chin is made of.

Style wise, yes they are similar, but crowning him the next Chavez Sr is a little premature IMO.

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez in my opinion, he is so underated technicaly

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                As of now JCC SR because he has shown more on both ends.

That said, do not underestimate GGG, When he finally gets in with a real opponent you will see he has a wealth of skills, including defensively. He may not be Floyd, rigo, ward, or JMM but he is right beneath them IMO.
                I'd like to see that, but right now im waiting to be convinced.
                IMO we never know how good a fighter is until tested.

And Snr had great skills.
                His counter right uppercuts against Lockridge was a thing of beauty.

Comment

" More skillful GGG or JCC sr?"

i cant believe the poll. its got to be rigged.
                  can't see anyone but a fan boy saying chavezjr is more skilled.
                  thats down right redickulous.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                    " More skillful GGG or JCC sr?"

i cant believe the poll. its got to be rigged.
                    can't see anyone but a fan boy saying chavezjr is more skilled.
                    thats down right redickulous.
                    CHAVER SR> i guess i shouldve bolded the SENIOR part

Comment

Voted GGG, thought it said JCC jr

The answer is obviously Chavez Sr.

Comment

Working...
                      X