No announcement yet.

Video: Japanese Boxer Tomoki "El Mexicanito" Kameda Speaks Fluent Spanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
    i don't know if it's still on youtube but there was a video a while back which showed he'd pretty much adopted a mexican lifestyle while living there. he was eating tacos, singing along to banda music and had a mexican girlfriend.
    He lived and trained in Mexico since 15.. he spent his prime teenage years in Mexico and if you're from la tierra de los guerreros you know how fun those years are down there. He shocked me too but it only shows his respect and understanding of a culture that adopted him and gave him a home for so long, it is beautiful. His accent is impressive… especialmente con el "este… este.." que los Mexicanos usamos muy frequentemente cuando estamos buscando las palabras adecuadas para describer nuestras respuestas apropiadamente.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      He lived and trained in Mexico since 15.. he spent his prime teenage years in Mexico and if you're from la tierra de los guerreros you know how fun those years are down there. He shocked me too but it only shows his respect and understanding of a culture that adopted him and gave him a home for so long, it is beautiful. His accent is impressive… especialmente con el "este… este.." que los Mexicanos usamos muy frequentemente cuando estamos buscando las palabras adecuadas para describer nuestras respuestas apropiadamente.
      Reminds me of when Paulie spoke fluent Spanish in that interview lol

Comment

Dude is smart, I took Spanish in high school at 14 and still couldn't speak it as good as him.

Comment

At least we know his favorite Mexican food is Tacos de tripa

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Dude is smart, I took Spanish in high school at 14 and still couldn't speak it as good as him.
            Taking spanish in high school teaches you very little. Best way to learn a language is to be immersed in it and have to speak it as a necessity. I can't imagine there are alot of Japanese people in mexico that he could talk to.

He speaks the language well. The way he says his "r" gives it away that he isn't a native speaker, but he speaks spanish better than Rios, Danny Garcia, and Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by ManUtd626 View Post
              Taking spanish in high school teaches you very little. Best way to learn a language is to be immersed in it and have to speak it as a necessity. I can't imagine there are alot of Japanese people in mexico that he could talk to.

He speaks the language well. The way he says his "r" gives it away that he isn't a native speaker, but he speaks spanish better than Rios, Danny Garcia, and Arreola.
              Japanese don't pronounce R that is why, but he sounds like Canelo same tone of voice too lol

Comment

He lived and trained in Mexico since 15.. he spent his prime teenage years in Mexico and if you're from la tierra de los guerreros you know how fun those years are down there. He shocked me too but it only shows his respect and understanding of a culture that adopted him and gave him a home for so long, it is beautiful. His accent is impressive***8230; especialmente con el "este***8230; este.." que los Mexicanos usamos muy frequentemente cuando estamos buscando las palabras adecuadas para describer nuestras respuestas apropiadamente.
                Maybe Mexicans that come to the US should do the same...but of course they have this sense of entitlement which is quite disgusting.....and this is coming from a Mexican-American.

You even see it with Canelo, the guy has been here for years and chooses not to learn the language, yet boxers like GGG and Kovalev make an effort to learn it and respond to interviews in English. Even Cotto and Pac speak English. Hell this Japanese guy speaks fluent Spanish after briefly living in MXexico

This is one of the reasons I am rooting against Canelo and rooting for Lara. Lara is a great example of how an immigrant should conduct himself. Canelo embodies the arrogance and sense of entitlement the majority of Mexicans that come to the US demonstrate.
                Last edited by I Hate Thugs!; 07-12-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Could be of Peruvian descent. Peru's former president is Japanese.

Comment

You're amazed by a guy being bilingual.

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate Thugs! View Post
                      Maybe Mexicans that come to the US should do the same...but of course they have this sense of entitlement which is quite disgusting.....and this is coming from a Mexican-American.

You even see it with Canelo, the guy has been here for years and chooses not to learn the language, yet boxers like GGG and Kovalev make an effort to learn it and respond to interviews in English. Even Cotto and Pac speak English. Hell this Japanese guy speaks fluent Spanish after briefly living in MXexico

This is one of the reasons I am rooting against Canelo and rooting for Lara. Lara is a great example of how an immigrant should conduct himself. Canelo embodies the arrogance and sense of entitlement the majority of Mexicans that come to the US demonstrate.
                      whoa.. shots fired.

I'm going for Lara myself, but how does his English sound compared to Canelo´s?

Comment

Working...
                      X