Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins Dominates Kelly Pavlik in a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly shouldnt of taken this fight. I thought Bhop would of slowed down in the later rounds but he stuck with it from the opening bell. It was an upset for Pavlik. I wonder what the outcome would of been if THIS Bhop came out in the Calzaghe fight....

Comment

i think pav will recover hes young and its a good lesson for him . . . its like margs at 154 is no good . . . pav's right spot is @ 160.

all the credit to bhop for a masterful performance and to the heart of pavlik for taking a beating.

Comment

That was a true masterpiece by Bernard tonight. I figured that his style could be a problem for Pavlik, but I thought he wouldn't be consistent over 12 rounds, but he was and astonishingly he threw more punches and landed more. I thought Pavlik would win basically because he was busier and Hopkins wasn't, but that was the exact opposite. Pavlik looked confused and slow the whole fight. While Hopkins looked like the young fighter with the faster hands. I still think Pavlik is a good fighter and will be tough to beat at 160, but tonight showed the gameplan that can beat him. All the credit to Bernard he showed why he's an all time great.

Comment

Bernard better retire and if he's going to fight again it should be against roy if he beats cal and kelly's trainer and entourage showed no class in trying to start a fight after bernard put on a legendary performance

Comment

Originally posted by richie kay View Post
            What A ****in Performance!!
            Bernard Was Mind Blowingly Quick,
            Dont Think Kelly Will Recover From This To Be Honest
            Kelly will be back, but I don't think we'll see him above 160 for a while. He should take care of his mandatories, build himself back up, and make sure to get in some serious sparring with guys with footwork. He's only 26 and has many good years left in the fight game if he chooses to stay in it. At least this fight will force the middleweight champ to actually fight MIDDLEWEIGHTS, and stop with all the greedy delusions of grandeur for a while. Just going for big money fights is fine as long as you have the skills to deal with the guy in the opposite corner. In this case, he didn't.

Comment

Simple reason why PAVLIK LOST:

Weight. That's why Pavlik lost. He got greedy for a money fight and moved up in weight. Same happened to Hatton & same will happen with PacMan. If Pavlik stayed at his weight, he would have probably dominated and retired undefeated. Now he has to psychologically rebound. Some never do.

Comment

Well done Bernard. You truly deserved this fight and were the better man from bell to bell.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                  Kelly shouldnt of taken this fight. I thought Bhop would of slowed down in the later rounds but he stuck with it from the opening bell. It was an upset for Pavlik. I wonder what the outcome would of been if THIS Bhop came out in the Calzaghe fight....
                  I think this BHop would have possibly TKO'd Glass Joe. Or at least won a clear UD decision.

Comment

I wonder what's going through the mind of Freddie Roach after seeing Hopkins tear through Pavlik. He and many others doubted Hopkins and thought he was crazy for accepting a fight against Pavlik.

Comment

MuthaF all the haters

There's no other way to say it. Time & again, this man has defied the odds (regardless of his age at the time) whenever the deck has been stacked against him. Aside from his fight back in '93 against roy, no other fighter has been able to defeat him soundly whether it was calzaghe or taylor. I want all the anti-hopkins onlookers to recognize the man's greatness (it is what it is). From the casual fan to the so called expert, no one gave B-hop a credible chance to actually win this fight. Not only did he win but he took the 26yr old undefeated k-o artist to school. Everybody knows what hopkins brings to the table. He's going to maul you (occassionally foul you if need be) & rough you up old school style. Hopkins is a defensive gem & a throwback fighter to the core. Perhaps. team pavlick should have watched more film & did their homework as well. He's one of those rare fighters whose discipline & self-absorbency of his own greatness consumes him. When the odds are heavily stacked against him, he performs at his best. He said he was going to take pavlick's strengths & convert them to weaknesses & that's exactly what he did. All this "Im going to throw 100 punches per rd -ish that team pavlick was talking about ended up being null & void. You can throw all the punches you want but if you're not landing soundly..you're only expending unnecessary energy. Everybody just needs to give Hopkins his props & stop hating on dude. He won a UD against a fighter who's the MW king & 17 yrs his junior in the prime of his career. You're looking at a future HOF'er and living legend at work here. Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X