Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna's Return Being Discussed, Possibly on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on HBO call 50 cent , Billy Dib vs Javier Fortuna

Comment

A good fight (call me crazy if you want) would be Fortuna vs Claudio Marrero. Not that I'm really asking for this fight because I'm a fan of both of them. In my opinion I think Marrero has the edge. Marrero just has not gotten the exposure that Fortuna has gotten. Also, Marrero beat him twice in the amateurs. Again, I am a big fan of Fortuna and probably would be torn to see them fight but I think it would make for an interesting fight for sure. But of course it won't happen for a few reasons. The first reason is the risk/low reward that it would be for Fortuna. It would make no sense and only Marrero would have a lot to gain. But who knows...in the future they could meet....

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
        A good fight (call me crazy if you want) would be Fortuna vs Claudio Marrero. Not that I'm really asking for this fight because I'm a fan of both of them. In my opinion I think Marrero has the edge. Marrero just has not gotten the exposure that Fortuna has gotten. Also, Marrero beat him twice in the amateurs. Again, I am a big fan of Fortuna and probably would be torn to see them fight but I think it would make for an interesting fight for sure. But of course it won't happen for a few reasons. The first reason is the risk/low reward that it would be for Fortuna. It would make no sense and only Marrero would have a lot to gain. But who knows...in the future they could meet....
        Bro u rite, that will be a great fight but i think marrero wont be able to take Fortunas explsiveness nd power. But marrero would put some good work but u got to remem Fortuna does well against fighters who try to brwal with him but who knows. Nd it wont be good for boxing cuz if one of them losses it will slow em down , i wanna see them get some nice wins THEN a big fight .

Comment

Originally posted by Tito777 View Post
          Bro u rite, that will be a great fight but i think marrero wont be able to take Fortunas explsiveness nd power. But marrero would put some good work but u got to remem Fortuna does well against fighters who try to brwal with him but who knows. Nd it wont be good for boxing cuz if one of them losses it will slow em down , i wanna see them get some nice wins THEN a big fight .
          Actually, I don't think Marrero would brawel with him at all. Marrero is pretty good at the sweet science. He has beautiful footwork and is a pretty good counter puncher. He would never start trading wildly with Fortuna...its not his style. But yeah I agree with you that it would make for a better fight down the road for sure. Oh and I think Marrero is more than capable to handle Fortunas explosiveness and he also has pretty good power and better technique.....only time will tell if they ever meet.

Comment

Working...
          X