Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tua Fought Marciano With Those Mittens!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once tyson said most hardest puncher is Marciano.
    But today Marciano is so slow & not big heavyweight fighter.
    So if fight for Tua, Marciano would be knocked out in early rounds.

Comment

i would have to go for Tua, no one can outslug Tua, not even a lengend like Marciano

Comment

You guys are crazy. I dont even know why a great undefeated champion like Rocky Marciano is even being compared to David Tua.
        Rocky Marciano had never lost a fight in his whole career and his record is 49-0 with 43 Knockouts. He finally retired leaving the championship belt, he was the only boxer to stay as undefeated champion, Marciano beat great boxers like Joe Louis, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles - These were all great fighters in their era...Tua would'nt even stand a chance against Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Greatest
          You guys are crazy. I dont even know why a great undefeated champion like Rocky Marciano is even being compared to David Tua.
          Rocky Marciano had never lost a fight in his whole career and his record is 49-0 with 43 Knockouts. He finally retired leaving the championship belt, he was the only boxer to stay as undefeated champion, Marciano beat great boxers like Joe Louis, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles - These were all great fighters in their era...Tua would'nt even stand a chance against Marciano.

I tend to agree (not that those guys are crazy but that Rocky would have won).

Comment

tua would get knocked out cold

Comment

Poor Tua, going after a two-handed fighter with his one active paw.

Comment

Originally posted by acquitted View Post
                during marciano era...those boxings gloves werent really that paded...so if david tua fought marciano with those mittens..would he give marciano a cuncussion or take him out on a strecher
                Originally posted by Soundtraveler View Post
                Tua would absolutly destroy Marciano with the first punch he landed flush. Just too much power for even Rocky Marciano, don't get me wrong Marciano was tough - but not THAT tough. Not to mention Tua at prime out weighed Rocky by about 30 or 40lbs!!
                You guys are so silly... There is a guy on YouTube that a friend of mine on another site used to parody: The "Watermelon man" look him up lol. He would punch a watermelon... destroy it. Of course you could count up to ten while he started the punch to its completion.

Tua was a one handed figher with no reach. How the hell does he catch Marciano flush? Very silly.

Comment

Some threads really show the ignorance about boxing...Like this one.

During Marciano's era, some called it relatively weak because Louis' reign had ended... etc. But lets not misconceive this opinion!

On average a professional prize fighter from that era had been in the sport since young adulthood, had plenty of gyms and trainers to pick and pry and create good technical habits...

There were no one handed fighters the like of Tua... They never would have made it into the rank of the professionals because the blue print would be damning... Even fighters who were "good" like LaStarza would know how to avoid a freakin left hook from a bowling ball with no reach to speak of!

Guys like Galento and even Canera had skills... Galento had a really good jab!

Comment

If we compare each of their best wins, Rocky has the edge. Tua’s best wins were Moorer, Rahman, Ruiz and Oquendo. Hardly a murderer’s row. Rocky has been knocked down by smaller fighters and Tua has never been KO’d despite taking best punches of Ibaebuchi, Lewis and Rahman who were much larger and stronger than any of Rock’s opponents. Rocky had more movement, he bobbed and weaved and attacked to the body and head relentlessly. Tua could bang with the best of them. Tough fight to call.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      If we compare each of their best wins, Rocky has the edge. Tua’s best wins were Moorer, Rahman, Ruiz and Oquendo. Hardly a murderer’s row. Rocky has been knocked down by smaller fighters and Tua has never been KO’d despite taking best punches of Ibaebuchi, Lewis and Rahman who were much larger and stronger than any of Rock’s opponents. Rocky had more movement, he bobbed and weaved and attacked to the body and head relentlessly. Tua could bang with the best of them. Tough fight to call.
                      I respect your opinion Ghost if you think this would be close: Just answer me this: You got the rock and hes getting ready to train for this fight... and train he will, Marciano was, among men who prepared for everything, singular in his training habits.... So he asks his trainer and his trainer says "You stay the heck away from his left hook. When you need distance, throw a jab. When you have to go in, make sure he is off balance, or throw from his right side."

im struggling to think how Tua, who was a sort of one gear guy, adjusts to that strategy. Even the guys Tua beat, with the notable exception of Moorer, were not guys who were particularly smart fighters...

I could understand if we compared later Razor Ruddock who became a left handed fighter (I think it was his left... it was one hand), and said "this might present some problems. Razor was active later in fights, did have reach (usable power), and could be smart....

Comment

Working...
                      X