No announcement yet.

The WBC belt MUST be kept away from the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
    I understand you guys want a black american champion for personal self esteem reasons but doesn't knowing there's another guy out there who is the actual champion you're begging to protect him from kind of defeat the whole point? It's like being the big badass tough guy in a senior bingo hall.
    You understand nothing. An African American champion who fights tomato cans to protect his suspect chin is just as bad as a Ukranian champion doing the same to protect his proven glass jaw. Besides, who says Wilder defeats Haitian born Stiverne? I don't care who has the belts, as long as he beats the best out there to get them, and ducks no one. Additionally, he must not grab, hold and wrestle his way out of getting hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
      Please elaborate. What exactly do the fans lose? I mean, ordinary fans, not obsessed purist hardcore fans?
      Precisely. Ordinary fans. I mean what is more recognizable: 8 champions or 17x4 Champions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        No, the fans lose when the top heavyweights won't fight each other and they won't fight each other when there's no money to be made.
        You claim that too huh? If you took the time to actually check it out, I'm confident that you'd find little difference between various decades. You are putting forth a myth!

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Precisely. Ordinary fans. I mean what is more recognizable: 8 champions or 17x4 Champions?
          What's better for the ordinary fan? A unified champ on the other side of the world whose fights are always at 4 AM, or a paper champ whose fights they can actually attend or watch live on TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
            What's better for the ordinary fan? A unified champ on the other side of the world whose fights are always at 4 AM, or a paper champ whose fights they can actually attend or watch live on TV?
            Are you kidding me?

Listen. You can have your opinion. I think its ******ed, but to each his own.

Comment

You claim that too huh? If you took the time to actually check it out, I'm confident that you'd find little difference between various decades. You are putting forth a myth!
              In what respect?

In other divisions today, fights get made because the money is there as an incentive.

In the HW division, there is no incentive. In fact, there's a disincentive to take risks because none of the guys want to lose a potential mandatory spot to Klitschko, the lottery ticket.

Amir Khan can make $1.5m fighting Collazo, Kubrat Pulev can't make that against Chisora, so why risk his mandatory spot? in the meantime he has to wait around fighting nobodies.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 05-12-2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

The one champ per weight class only works if there was one belt and that champ fights the next best consistently instead of taking his pick from the weakest of 5 mandatories and weak voluntaries in between while the rest of the division waits around fighting for peanuts against overmatched opponents.
                This actually makes sense.

With all these belts, each with their own mandatories, the champion can pick the fights that are lowest risk with highest reward. People have to wait on him to eventually choose them and the wait can be long.

Look at Pulev or also look at how long Vitali kept putting off the Stiverne fight.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Listen. You can have your opinion. I think its ******ed, but to each his own.
                  ******ed? That was kind of uncalled for...

Oh and you let my have my opinion? Gee, thanks, now I will be able to sleep at night.

Comment

In what respect?

In other divisions today, fights get made because the money is there as an incentive.

In the HW division, there is no incentive. In fact, there's a disincentive to take risks because none of the guys want to lose a potential mandatory spot to Klitschko, the lottery ticket.

Amir Khan can make $1.5m fighting Collazo, Kubrat Pulev can't make that against Chisora, so why risk his mandatory spot? in the meantime he has to wait around fighting nobodies.
                    You are claiming that there's fewer fights among contenders at HW today compared to previous eras, which to my knowledge is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                    X