• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    14.5 billion
    A tad optimistic methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
      A conclusion that my common sense tells me, which is safe to say is right. I know boxing is a worldwide sport, but boxing in most parts of the globe, is unquantifiable. There's black boxes in Mexico, illegal cable connections in the Philippines, Justin.tv etc etc. That's why they bet on US PPV buys, which usually provides numbers which they based their bets on...
      This thread starter never stated anything about "Only US PPV's".

So why would you think that?

If someone is having a go at a fighter because he doesn't get enough PPV buys, surely it is unfair to look at the numbers outside of his native country.

Of course Hatton isn't as big a name in the US as Mayweather. Just like Mayweather isn't as big as Hatton in the UK.

I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of people I know that know Mayweather. Hatton is a household name, everyone knows him in the UK.

Mayweather was unheard of in the UK before he fought Hatton.

Comment

Hatton is a household name, everyone knows him in the UK.

Mayweather was unheard of in the UK before he fought Hatton.
        Hatton is a household name in the UK in a way Mayweather could only dream of.

he's literally an A list celeb in teh way that Magic Johnson/A-Rod/ Bret Farve is in the states.

Comment

Worldwide, 1.4 Million as an estimate

Comment

I see it doing between 900,000 - 1,000,000 US buys. Pacquiao gained a lot of fans after his beatdown of De La Hoya. People liked the fight because he was exciting! And a lot of mexicans order most big PPV cards anyways and with Pacquiao being the fighter fighting well even though there isnt a mexican fighting it still wont drop much with us as we have plenty of history with him LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X