Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Marcos Maidana @ CW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddie would have a game plan of Cotto relentlessly attacking the body, and he would do it. Roach certainly has every desire to bring that body attack back not only proven by him saying so but also by the fact that Cotto went apeshit on Delvin's body. I love Maidana, but I don't see him lasting through those sledgehammer hooks. If he does, it could be a very very rough night for Miguel.

Comment

To answer the poll, I'm certainly down to watch. Why not? It'd be a hellacious war for however long it lasted.

Comment

Catchweight?

Maidana was 165 lbs this past Saturday. Making 154 lbs will be easier for him than making 147 lbs.

Would be a good fight. I'd side with Cotto for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Catchweight?

Maidana was 165 lbs this past Saturday. Making 154 lbs will be easier for him than making 147 lbs.

Would be a good fight. I'd side with Cotto for the win.
          Well I made this thread last year when he was still growing into the WW division - I think the date of the post is apparent enough.

And if you read the bump post, well you know, I bumped this in light of his fight night weight. This contest can easily be at 154.

I think is be a Savage 8 round war, with Cotto's championship rounds experience getting him through the last 4 frames for a MD/SD. Or either one of them could get ktfo.

Comment

i think win or lose cotto is retiring after martinez.

Comment

I'm waiting to see if the commission will reverse the decision of Saturday after all the criticism received from the fans and media. IF Chino gets his belt back and floyds, I'd love to see him and Cotto go at it. Would make for a HUGE PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                i think win or lose cotto is retiring after martinez.
                Lol, yeah right bro

10M+ against Canelo, Mayweather or Maravilla rematch

Hefty paydays against potential foes like Maidana, JMM, Bradley and Lara. So many fights at either company that will pay well. If he wins the legit mw title, you'd have the whole fight game looking to snatched a title from a 5'6 faded WW champ - sheeyat, imagine May/Cotto 2 hype train

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Well I made this thread last year when he was still growing into the WW division - I think the date of the post is apparent enough.

And if you read the bump post, well you know, I bumped this in light of his fight night weight. This contest can easily be at 154.

I think is be a Savage 8 round war, with Cotto's championship rounds experience getting him through the last 4 frames for a MD/SD. Or either one of them could get ktfo.
                  Ahhhhh, my fault then. I didn't even see the date. I thought this was a brand new thread because it had Maidana in it. Just seemed like a new thread.

I think Maidana would have a harder time being rough with Cotto, because Cotto is also rough himself and he is deceiving dirty when he wants to be. A very interesting match-up. I don't see either one of them getting knocked out though. I do see them both receiving punishment though.

Comment

Miguel has nothing left to prove at 147 or any weight below his comfort zone. Fighting Maidana would accomplish nothing for him. If he wins against Martinez I'd like to see him retire.

Comment

I think Cotto would give him a beating in my honest opinion. Just different styles. Maidana's style fights Cotto very well and Cotto will look good vs Maidana. Also if he goes to the body like he used to then he will do some serious damage to Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X