question bout 360 and HD tv's for anybody who knows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question bout 360 and HD tv's for anybody who knows

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...ponenthdcable/

is this somethin you actually have to buy to get ur xbox 360 games to show up in HD? ive had the system hooked up to a HD TV for years now, and I never knew anything about this. someoen showed me in the display settings you have to set it to display HD, but you cant do it without that. is this tru?

What does your cable look like that goes into the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
      What does your cable look like that goes into the TV?
      um what do you mean? my tv's up on a wall and as far as I know theres dozens of cables so im not sure what one u mean

Comment

Sorry I didn't desribe that too well.

I mean the cable from your Xbox to your TV. Because mine came with a HD cable, I thought they all do?

Comment

Use a regular old HDMI cable, that'll give you the best picture. That's what I use, if you have an HDTV you should already have one lying around. If you have one of the older model 360s, buy this one instead http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...60hdmiavcable/ of the one in your post.

Comment

wow i guess i was too stupid all this time to tell the diff between standard def and high def on video games

Comment

Originally posted by MissDeeCole View Post
              wow i guess i was too stupid all this time to tell the diff between standard def and high def on video games
              Do you have an old 360 or a new one? The launch ones didn't have HDMI ports but the newer ones do have it. You can buy an HDMI cable on Amazon for about $5-$10 plus shipping.

Also even after getting and installing the cable you also have to change the Video Display on your 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                Do you have an old 360 or a new one? The launch ones didn't have HDMI ports but the newer ones do have it. You can buy an HDMI cable on Amazon for about $5-$10 plus shipping.

Also even after getting and installing the cable you also have to change the Video Display on your 360.
                ya i have the one from launch day so it is old. when i try to click te hi def option in dispaly its blurredo ut so i definitely dont got the hi def set up. cna you show me where your seeing the cable for 10$, because everywehere I look says its 50$

Comment

ya i have the one from launch day so it is old. when i try to click te hi def option in dispaly its blurredo ut so i definitely dont got the hi def set up. cna you show me where your seeing the cable for 10$, because everywehere I look says its 50$
                  The cheap cable I was referring to was HDMI cable. The early versions of 360's don't have HDMI output.

To get Hi-Definition on a launch 360 you will need to use Component cables. I found a set made by psyclone for about $10 + shipping.

Your local Gamestop might also have used Component cables for when people switched to HDMI.

They also sell new MadCatz Xbox 360 component cables online. I don't know if they readily have it in stock in there stores though.

The Gamestop/MadCatz is about $15 but if they have it in the store you wont have to pay for shipping.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=68816

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Compon...4468983&sr=8-9
                  Last edited by Left2body; 01-25-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

i actually bought ones from best buy it was open box for like 8 dollars and on the side of the cable it has a switch that you flip that says hd and the other tv once u flip it it automatically turns off and back on the xbox to whatever u set it

Comment

Working...
                    X