Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no way to spin this.. You can't blsme Mayweather for the fight not happening.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CounterPuncha View Post
    Give me a break, most people on this board haven't even been in a streetfight for crying out loud, and they are calling a pro a coward

God forbid people would actually try and see a different side, like why didn't Manny want to get tested inside 24 days? Oh that's right he's afraid of needles, except getting a needle filled with ink shoved into his skin to make a tattoo, he is fine with that, just not any needles that could potentially expose him as a cheat....
    A pro that claims they are the greatest but fails to compete with people on their level is a coward. Its the same thing as a schoolyard bully picking on little kids.

Often times the bravest of us are the ones that lose the most but keep on fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post
      When did Floyd duck any of these fighters?

Please enlighten me.
      On Margarito, "he has four losses, and nobody knows him".

Tony confronts him face to face, Floyd says, "We'll fight later, it will be bigger down the line".

On Cotto, "oh, he has to get his PPVs up".

Coincidentally, Floyd "retired" right before Margarito and Cotto squared off.

On Shane, "I don't fight sparring partners". "We, we we play basketball together remember?"

On Manny, "we need a random blood tests for the betterment of the sport".

"if you don't know, now you know *****" - legend!

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPuncha View Post
        God forbid people would actually try and see a different side, like why didn't Manny want to get tested inside 24 days? Oh that's right he's afraid of needles, except getting a needle filled with ink shoved into his skin to make a tattoo, he is fine with that, just not any needles that could potentially expose him as a cheat....
        If someone said to you "I think you're a terrorist, let the FBI search your house to prove you're not a terrorist" If you had any pride, you would tell that person to **** off.

I agree that 30 and even 24 days is too big a gap, but let's not forget what Pacquiao agreed to is above and beyond any testing any other fighter has had to take in the 100+ year history of boxing.

Comment

You Floyd fans are either ignorant, stupid or just refuse to believe the truth. The TRUTH is that it is mandated that a BLOOD test is taken IMMEDIATELY taken after every fight. Pac has passed all of those, he's also passed any ones prior to a fight whether it be 2 days (which he's done) or more, all clean. So why exactly is it that Manny has done steroids?

Because he started fighting at 106 pounds, and is now weighting about 148 on fight night? Is it because he's done all this and is knocking guys out? Is it because he is so fast, I mean why exactly is Manny on steroids or should I say what gives that impression? The fact is that Mayweather fought at 106 pounds when he was 16 in the amateurs, the only difference between him and Manny is that at 16 Manny was a professional as there isn't, or at least at the time, wasn't a amateur division in the Philippines. I've also heard that Manny simply lied about his age to become a professional in order to make money, either way both were 16 and fighting at 106 pounds.

Both guys have also won titles and moved up in weight at roughly the same time. The only differences between the two guys is that one has faced solid competition and the other hasn't. The other main difference is that one is an aggressive fighter and the other is defensive, and the last time I checked aggressive fighters tend to get more KO's than defensive ones. But apparently Mayweather can't come to grips that someone whose done the same accomplishments as him immediately means they are on steroids... using this logic Mayweather must be on the juice too, and judging by how much he grew over the passed 2 years I'd believe that over Manny on it.

But I want to add more facts to this scenario. Ever since Manny was fighting at 126+ he's been coming into the ring on fight night about 142-145 pounds, the same weight he comes in at now. So he didn't all of a sudden just gain 20 pounds in a 2 year span, he's been there for some time. So either he's been on the juice for a VERY VERY long time, or from being 16 and fighting at 106 his body simply grew into itself at 140+, just like Mayweather. Secondly, and what I think is what got Manny the "steroid" crap is that he is KO'ing guys as he's moving up in weight. They may be a KO on paper, but he hasn't actually won by a KNOCK OUT since the Hatton fight, and before that the Diaz fight, and before that Morales who wasn't knocked out he simply quit.

Cotto... ref stopped it, DLH... his corner stopped it these big huge guys that are supposedly getting "KTFO" Manny isn't a killing guys he's just faster than them and he has good power with that speed, he isn't Edwin Valero coming from 130 and KO'ing WW's. Mayweather isn't able to knock anyone out, its not because the guy can't its because he's just content pot shotting all night and winning on the cards, and in just about every fight he wants bigger gloves to protect his hands. Sorry but if you want to be a defensive counter puncher, and wear 10 oz.+ sized gloves you aren't going to be getting the KO numbers as a guy who is an offensive beast and wears 8 oz gloves.

Finally, Ellerbe is not only Mayweathers advisor but he's also Berto's. What exactly does that matter? Berto is fighting Mosley this month, an admitted steroid user, but for some reason Ellerbe doesn't want to change the drug testing for that fight, what is in place now works just fine. Essentially, its ok for Berto to fight a guy whose been proven to take steroids without any extra testing needed, but a guy whose been completely clean has to take more tests all of a sudden?

For the lazy asses who can't read all those words read this:

Manny never said he wouldn't take a blood test, or even take one two days before the fight. All he said was that if the Nevada doping police felt more testing was needed he was fine with it. Simply put, he's NOT going to be Mayweathers ***** and take more tests just because he says, he's doing what the rules have always been. If someone came to your boss at work, and said "This guy smokes weed" and your boss came up to you and said, "Sorry man, but this guy thinks you smoke weed with no proof, and while we've always had random testing, but because this guy just says you smoke you're going to have to take a hair test. Though our policy for the passed 20 years has only been urine testing this guy just saying it changes all the rules, and if you test positive even if its from 5 years back, you're fired."

Even though you've passed every random test your employee's given you, you've never even smoked before in your life, just because some crack head dumbass says you do, you're forced to do it? Bull****, plain and simple. Its INNOCENT till proven guilty, might as well have a cop arrest you for armed robbery with no proof, but the burden is on you to prove yourself innocent, there is a reason the law works the way it does now, or you could be arrested at any moment for any reason and its exactly what Mayweather has just done. The fact is simple, Mayweater did this for more publicity and it backfired because Manny can draw with or without Floyd because he's willing to fight THE BEST, Mayweather isn't and all he's done is killed his career. The only names out there for him are Mosley and Cotto and now that Cotto lost to Manny even if Mayweather wins its going to be "Manny did it first" and if Mosley loses this month Mayweathers going to be screwed looking for people to fight and he isn't going to be able to draw ****. Him and his dad finally bit off more than those big ass lips could chew.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
            let the other side speak out before you just go run off with Arum's words
            Chances are, we haven't heard from team Mayweather because they are trying to figure out a way to spin this so it doesn't look like they ducked. This may take a while.

Comment

Please enlighten me.
              Ask yourself this: "Of all the top WW, who has Mayweather fought?"
              You can add PWill to the list of avoided fighters too. The thing is, I would love May as a fighter if he would just shut up and fight the top contenders. But all he does is say "Im the best!" Who's he trying to convince? Me or himself?

Comment

*****S are so thick!

that's why they had a mediator, so they can meet halfway

Pacquiao's camp was willing to compromise, floyd's camp isn't so stop twisting it

Comment

Please enlighten me.
                  When did Floyd fight any of these fighters?

Please enlighten me.

You know what? Don't even try.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                    let the other side speak out before you just go run off with Arum's words
                    LOL

why does Schafer refused to comment bout this while Arum's talking to every boxing site or boxing media he can reach nearby????

what you think??????

Comment

pac accepted the terms
                      Floyd didnt

Deal with it

Comment

Working...
                      X