No announcement yet.

Power vs weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power vs weight classes

While Floyd didn't throw many combos verse Canelo. I felt that if he would of put punches together he could of got
    Canelo out towards the 8th round.
    Now Floyd was about 150 on fight night while Canelo was 15lbs heavier.. Does this 15 lbs make a huge difference when it comes to the smaller mayweather being able to knock out the heavier man?
    I know people say Mayweather is a pillow puncher, but with his speed I feel as if he could of KO Alveraz.
    On a side note, when adrian broner was sparring at floyds gym he was fighting someone who looked 5'6 180 pounds and adrian looked as if he could of KO'd him through the head gear. But he is a 140 pound fighter..

Of course it matters , a car has a head on with a truck whats the result .

Comment

Floyd started his at 130 pounds. Canelo started his at 147 pounds. Floyd is the naturally smaller guy so his punches won't carry the same power as Canelo's, or any of the other top guys at 154. Plus, being heavier means you have more liquid in your head, which means you may be able to take a punch better. Unless you have, say, Seth Mitchell's chin. Then, you're fucked..

Comment

If Canelo were a trash talker I think Floyd would've stopped him.

Making him miss and frustrating him was humiliating enough.

Comment

Okay so smaller guys dont carry as much power moving up in weight etc. But in street fights, skinny people knock out guys who outweigh them by 50+ pounds.
          So technically floyd can one punch KO canelo, and people up to 200 pounds.
          For some reason boxers can take punches better than regular people though..
          So anyways, I think floyd could of easily knocked canelo out, and I think floyds power is under rated.

Comment

Canelo and Mayweather have relitively the same punch power according to Mosley and I can see that. However, I think it's more of the affect on the opponent's ability to take the punch. Just cuz Canelo is bigger does not mean Mayweather doesn't hit as hard. Mayweather's power just has a lesser effect on a bigger opponent. Size makes a difference when it comes to punch resistance on your opponent. Just like how Steve Forbes said Ortiz hits harder than Canelo. When both fought Lopez; Lopez found out that his punch power wasn't enough to walk down Canelo like it gained Ortiz' respect, so Canelo was able to cut off the ring more effectively being three weight classes above Lopez (with Canelo's rehydration). It ultimately stopped Lopez cuz he was tired of throwing without his punches doing anything, and the fact that he was blown up didnt help with the body punches.

Comment

So how much difference does 80z gloves vs 10oz gloves make on a fighter?
              Floyd used this as an escuses during the DE LA HOYA FIGHT

Comment

with his skills, floyd could've done a lot. but his safety first health first makes him boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratchet View Post
                  Floyd started his at 130 pounds. Canelo started his at 147 pounds. Floyd is the naturally smaller guy so his punches won't carry the same power as Canelo's, or any of the other top guys at 154. Plus, being heavier means you have more liquid in your head, which means you may be able to take a punch better. Unless you have, say, Seth Mitchell's chin. Then, you're fucked..
                  Source?

Takashi Uchiyama can dead anybody, regardless of weight class. If he gets a clean shot on an infant to a HW they're getting put to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                  X