No announcement yet.

Ireland vs Great Britain today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland vs Great Britain today

Just 3 and half hours now until Sutherland vs Degale in the Middleweight Semi-final. I'm gonna set my alarm for it 7amGMT.

Later on today we have Egan vs Jeffries.

Nothing like a bit of friendly competition between Eire and GB. These are going to be great fights.

On separate note, third Irish bronze medalist Barnes is fighting the Chinese fighter, Zou today aswell.

De Gale vs Sutherland should be a good fight. If De Gale can keep Sutherland on the outside, he wins, Sutherland is a much better inside fighter though.

And I think Zou beats Barnes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      De Gale vs Sutherland should be a good fight. If De Gale can keep Sutherland on the outside, he wins, Sutherland is a much better inside fighter though.

And I think Zou beats Barnes.
      Yeah I don't give Barnes much of a chance against Zou unfortunately, but I'm confident Sutherland will find a way to win.

I just want one of them to get a gold medal, would be amazing, last time we got gold in the boxing was 1992.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
        Yeah I don't give Barnes much of a chance against Zou unfortunately, but I'm confident Sutherland will find a way to win.

I just want one of them to get a gold medal, would be amazing, last time we got gold in the boxing was 1992.
        Even if Sutherland wins, I think he'll have to deal with the Cuban in the finals which would be a very tough fight for him.

McCullough was a very good fighter. What happened to Michael Carruth?
        Last edited by Silencers; 08-21-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I know I'm British and should be picking Degale.. but honestly, Sutherland is a beast and I'd love to see him turn pro, and winning a gold medal in the olympics might get him the offers to do so.

I think Sutherland will win 10-5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Even if Sutherland wins, I think he'll have to deal with the Cuban in the finals which would be a very tough fight for him.

McCullough was a very good fighter. What happened to Michael Carruth?
            The Cuban is a very good counter puncher, which could throw Sutherland off his game, but I don't think he's on the level of Sutherland.

We'll see though, both are very good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
              The Cuban is a very good counter puncher, which could throw Sutherland off his game, but I don't think he's on the level of Sutherland.

We'll see though, both are very good fighters.
              And the Cuban has a high guard, hard to score points through that guard. Body shots don't seem to get much credit either.

Comment

Working...
              X