Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Pac and Big fan: Im sorry Em is better than both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
    Because you don't have an argument? It's so easy to just make a sweeping statement then cop out of backing it up.

I have no problem acknowledging when Em was Great.

Please tell me in some kind of detailed analysis WHY the back end of Eminem's oeuvre should be considered "great".
    So when it's all said and done, you don't acknowledge Em as a "great"?

Comment

Because you don't have an argument? It's so easy to just make a sweeping statement then cop out of backing it up.

I have no problem acknowledging when Em was Great.

Please tell me in some kind of detailed analysis WHY the back end of Eminem's oeuvre should be considered "great".
      I know you ain't too fond of Em's later work lets for a moment forget the discussion about Pac Biggie and Em

2:40 towards the end. If we forget the somewhat corny mainstream chorus.. What you think of it skillwise and substance wise?

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
        ...No point in arguing since people will still hate on him...
        Do you think his critics in this thread just hate him?

Or are you just referring to Em detractors at large?

I actually want the guy to do well.

BITD, I always thought of him as a really gifted writer and, even when he started to underwhelm me a little around the time of 'Encore', I refused to believe that his gifts could ever desert him, and just put the dip in form down to natural artistic growing-pains (many a great artist has made a less than great piece of art between masterpieces). Then we had the long break, save for intermittent features and appearances (hard to guage where a guy's at from those). What he came back with is just pretty poor all around. I think his true gifts have steadily atrophied because of severe decline or shutdown in muse/inspiration.

Comment

Here's my top 10

Eminem
          Biggie
          Tupac
          50 Cent
          Dr Dre
          Snoop
          Jay Z
          Lil Wayne
          Puff Daddy
          Nas

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
            Here's my top 10

Eminem
            Biggie
            Tupac
            50 Cent
            Dr Dre
            Snoop
            Jay Z
            Lil Wayne
            Puff Daddy
            Nas
            Is this a joke? No rakim and Nas in the bottom?

Comment

Do you think his critics in this thread just hate him?
              its just a saying, people will hate, as in some people will simply look for anything to critic the man and that's it

Or are you just referring to Em detractors at large?
              yes, the people who will simply look down on Em for whatever reason

I actually want the guy to do well.

BITD, I always thought of him as a really gifted writer and, even when he started to underwhelm me a little around the time of 'Encore', I refused to believe that his gifts could ever desert him, and just put the dip in form down to natural artistic growing-pains (many a great artist has made a less than great piece of art between masterpieces). Then we had the long break, save for intermittent features and appearances (hard to gauge where a guy's at from those). What he came back with is just pretty poor all around. I think his true gifts have steadily atrophied because of severe decline or shutdown in muse/inspiration.
              Em showed his very best in his freestyle battles IMO. Lets put it this way, he is so good that he thrived in an industry that he shouldn't have. Recognized worldwide as one of the best of not only this era but of all time, I don't need to argue this or look for anything to validate this. Is his current work as good as before? maybe not in the eyes of some, but when he gets in there with the current 'best MCs' like Jay, Nas or lil'wayne(which i personally don't enjoy much, except for a song here and there) he sounds head and shoulders above them and that's a fact, just listen to the songs. His flow is very unique, the way he put verses together is still amazing, his psycho songs and drug abuse songs are awesome tracks. dude goes from an album like slim shady LP and then comes out with a song like Stan... I could go with this forever but there's really no reason. To each his own

Comment

Here's my top 10

Eminem
                Biggie
                Tupac
                50 Cent
                Dr Dre
                Snoop
                Jay Z
                Lil Wayne
                Puff Daddy
                Nas
                c'mon man, go ahead and add drake in there, might as well

Comment

Comment

My list is up to me.

You can't force me to listen to people and put others on top or below. This is my list, but you can ask me why or tell me what you think about it. Just don't tell me to change it.

Rakim is not on it because I had a good think about him. Maybe abd call, but I stand by it.

Nas is at the bottom because I prefer Jay Z, plus he is too commerical.

Eminem is at the top and Burner is right about that, and I don;t agree with him often.

Comment

Here's my top 10

Eminem
                      Biggie
                      Tupac
                      50 Cent
                      Dr Dre
                      Snoop

Jay Z
                      Lil Wayne
                      Puff Daddy