Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Can Be 155, But Golovkin Will Weigh 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Like I've said all along if GGG get the WBC by it being vacated its pointless and does nothing for him. It's not about belts it's about names and GGG is in no position to negotiate with Canelo. If K2 is happy with him being where he's at fine but his profile won't get higher if he gets a vacated belt instead of facing a name for it.

I don't like Canelo I hope they do fight and GGG sends him into retirement at 155-160 but that doesn't change the fact Canelo has the power. Nelo had to take it with no Vaseline against Floyd. Floyd got raped by Oscar it's just the way it goes

Abel was more then happy to bump the gums about Mayweather at 154 more then happy to say they'd figt Ward at 164. Just shut the f.uck up get raped in negotiations and take it out on him in the ring.
    Your comparisons are ludicrous. First of all, Floyd was not Oscar's mandatory, and neither was Canelo Floyd's mandatory, that's why what happened happened.

GGG is Canelo's mandatory, there's no A-side garbage that can dictate catchweight here. Canelo either defends at 160 or suffers the embarassment of being stripped for ducking, end of story.

Comment

• Sorry, but anyone defending a guy trying to claim to be the MW champ whilst fighting at 155 and avoiding his most obvious and compelling rival is a complete **** or has some other transparent agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        The only big fight on the horizon ...it could be but it shouldn't be on the basis that affects golovkins performance in the ring and draining down to a limit which is just above the light middlweight limit is also not negotiable especially if by doing that you actually could do damage to your body ....so know if it makes you weaker and lose then forget the big name..I would rather be a wining champion than step in the ring with a fighter I have given my advantages to.....ill tell you what you go and be a professional world champion and your be on weight at 160 at the weigh in.....then you try and lose another 5lb.....5lb to them is like 14lb to us mere mortals.....it's unfair and not correct....yeah you might say canelo did it....canelo did it on his won free will to get the mayweather fight...he wasn't forced to do it....there was nothing stating he had to fight mayweather...canelo did it and he was severely dehydrated and drawn at the weight...in fact so bad he had to sit down....people don't understand these fighters are super fit with no exceeds weight on them by weigh in time so losing another 5lbs could be life threatening...cannot believe how stupid some people are on this site....look I'm all for this fight and if golovkin could lose 3lbs safely and weigh 157 then ok make the fight....but the point is doesn't have to and also we would not be having this discussion if it was the same day weigh ins because canelo would weigh more than golovkin......need to realise 5lbs extra is a helluva lot of weight to lose come fight time
        Canelo weighed in at 153 in the fight before Mayweather, and 152 against Mayweather? So tell me, Canelo was weight drained from losing one single pound?

Also, it was Golden Boy Promotions who offered the catchweight, Floyd never asked for no catchweight.

Comment

• Don't negotiate in public.

Comment

• Originally posted by chavmex View Post
            I don't get why GGG wanted Mayweather and he was willing to go donw to `54 for him? We all know it was cause of the $$$ With Canelo it will be at 155 lbs and aside from Mayweather who elese will be there for GGG to make millions of dollars?

Don't get me wrong I still think GGG beats Canelo at 155 or at 160.
            ONE: Golovkin was not Floyd's mandatory.

TWO: Mayweather is FACTUALLY much smaller than GGG, Mayweather has never weighed in over 151 pounds on fight night.

Contrary to the above, Canelo is in the same division as GGG and factually weighs more than GGG in terms of walk around weight and weighs exactly the same in terms of fight night weight, and GGG is Canelo's mandatory.

Different scenarios buddy, nice try though, failed attempt yes, but nice try nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
              Canelo can be whatever the F he wants to. He's fighting Khan in a huge fight worth tons and tons of money and exposure.

GGG will fight some bum whose name I can't even remember. For chump change at that.

Stay delusional Sanchez.
              I think it's Dewayne Wade?? Or maybe Peter Wade?? Wanna see some funny ass sht?

Canelo is favored by like -300...ggg is going to be favored by like -1800!!!

But gtards are gonna suk his fkn ballz and hype that bum like he's Ali mixed with Foreman..

He a foreman alright. A Forman at an assembly plant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                Your comparisons are ludicrous. First of all, Floyd was not Oscar's mandatory, and neither was Canelo Floyd's mandatory, that's why what happened happened.

GGG is Canelo's mandatory, there's no A-side garbage that can dictate catchweight here. Canelo either defends at 160 or suffers the embarassment of being stripped for ducking, end of story.
                And ggg can keep fifth of the Wades, Monroe's, Walmart workers, the smiths, johns, of the boxig world. Have fun watching that POS fight! Ggg too fkn cheap anyways. Stick to paying can drivers. He has not fought one Top 50 p4p.

Comment

• Amber Alert: Bardock... Last seen driving a 1983 Honda Civic with mismatch doors in East L.A.

Crickets.

"Canelo wants to fight GGG though..." ~ 2015

Canelo V Khan! Live on PPV!

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Rules are rules. If Canelo walks away because of a CW, he gets stripped. Under other circumstances, then he has that A-side leverage over GGG but even Abel knows that Canelo will lose that belt if he demands a CW.
                    Yes rules are rules but who cares the biggest objective for GGG and his team is to land a big fight not land another belt especially one that was vacated. Nelo can do what he wants with or without the MW belt basically by fighting a blown up WW which will probably sell 5x more then GGG / Lemiux he's proved that he's going to be relevant fighting any name in the 147-160 division. His name will still ring out with or without a belt

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    While it may be true that winning Canelo's belt by default wouldn't make Golovkin look any better, consider how big a pussy Canelo would be seen as for vacating over 5lbs. Both men have MW belts, Canelo has been known to walk around @ 175+lbs. What's the problem? Why wouldn't Canelo fight GGG @ 160lbs?
                    I root againt Canelo every fight can't stand him can't wait for him to be fu.cked up and exposed hope GGg the one to do it but he isn't a p.ussy the guy ran towards the Fire with Trout,Lara , Maywesther , he wants to be great. Canelo will find and agree to other big fights with or with out the WBC belt

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                    It's mandatory..no need to get flexed...the point is canelo done the weight drain off his own back.....golovkin don't need to....as I said 157 if he can lose and still be fighting fit then yeah....but in no way losing five pound to accommodate canelo...it's like mayweather asking canelo to boil down to 148 lbs.....big difference to canelos 152 isn't it....
                    Agree with what your saying but it's clear GB / Nelo don't want to fight GGG at 160 and if they do fight make it as uncomfortable as possible for him. GGG needs legitimate names more then he needs the WBC belt is all I'm saying

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    Not true,nthen said they wouldn't take it after Cotto, and they didn't. WBC gave Canelo a interim fight.

Two separate situations. Ward and GGG would meet in middle.

154, 160, 168 are weight classes. The statement anyone from 154-168 means anyone from those weight classes. And they've always followed it up if it made sense.

155, it's not a weight class. Canelo isn't a 155 fighter. He can't make 154 and holds titles at 160.

You're selectively reading the quote. 154-168 means weight classes, not anyone at any weight in between 154-168.

They didn't say we would fight any fighters from 154-168 and whatever weight they choose.

Sure, and they said that before the Cotto fight,but in the lead up and after, Canelo couldn't escape questions about ggg.

You can expect the same thing to happen here, but even worse. Everyone knows the outcome of Khanelo. What everyone still wants to know is Canelo gonna man up or vacate.

Until Canelo fights GGG, he'll be asked about it.

The Khan fight isn't popular with most hardcore so, at least from what I can tell.
                    Don't try and interpret what K2 /Abel / GGG mean. So you fine with him fighting Mayweather a WW at 154 because he got a belt there even though he got a belt at 151. Your cool with saying they'd fight the #1 168 lber in Ward at 164. Listen you make a statement that anyone can get it at 154-168 to me that means you comfortable making those weights and feel yournthe top dog so anyone in the range can get it.

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

F.uck mandatory. Is it embarrassing that Fury dropped the belt because he didn't fight his mandatory . If Canelo drops the belts he'll probably find another big name to fight and most fans won't care because they'd rather see 2 names fight because that's what matters

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    Vacating the belt won't give Canelo any goodwill either, coz that's the only way he can force a catchweight, otherwise he will get stripped by the wbc for avoiding his mandatory.
                    Who cares about goodwill Canelos chasing greatness that's why I don't doubt he'd fight GGG but it'll be on his terms. Like Cotto fighting Canelo he didn't care about the belt it's the name and $ that was associated with the fight not the belt because he won that belt fighting a name.

I don't get why GGG super fans would rather him get another worthless belt then fight a name. Look at Hopkins he fought Trinidad / Oscar to get his belts the same mystique wouldn't be there if he got 2 vacated belts and fought Jim the plumber for his other one, Its about big fights now more then ever

I'm not even 100%sure but can the WBC even make GGG the Mando if he's the champ in other organizations, I thought was against thier rules. Collecting all 4 belts mean nothing without names attached

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      It's pretty obvious what they did. They wanted an advantage if they were going to fight Ward so Sanchez came up with the 164 stipulation.

But now Canelo wants the advantage by bringing up 155 and suddenly those tactics are not ok to Team Golovkin.
                      Golovkin and Ward aren't in the same weight class, Canelo and Golovkin are.

Comment

Working...
                      X