Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be able to raise a child with Down's Syndrome?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    gracias bro!
    You'll be getting laid that night huh Jose?

Comment

I know a woman who raised a Down Syndrome kid. As one of her realist friends put it, "All he does is slobber." I can deal with him in small doses...it's just a lot of effort.

Her husband left, and you guess why. BUT...there are people like her, who have an amazing, upbeat sense of devotion, are glad to have any kind of child to raise, and fortunately, the financial resources to deal with his care and special needs.

No, not something I could do. People urged her to just institutionalize the kid and move on with her life, but she didn't. She loves him with all her heart, even with all his limitations (he doesn't even speak except for grunts).

Bill Maher got a lot of criticism for saying a Down Syndrome kid is really at the same level as somebody's pet. But it's true. Some people have a dog (or even cat) that can do more, and appreciate more, and give more back, and be less of a burden. Still...God bless those who accept and cherish their child.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Be honest.

I think it takes a real man to be able to raise a kid with a ******ation such as Down's Syndrome, or a gay.

Comment

Originally posted by 80'sDoStew! View Post
          You'll be getting laid that night huh Jose?
          I'll be wearing my lucky Puerto Rico socks so regardless the outcome of the fight I'll still get lucky

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            If it's something you can detect in the womb, I'd abort it.
            it's an iffy science, brah. had a buddy who was told by the doc he'd have a 'tard baby, his wife refused to abort and the little mf'er came out completely normal. has something to do with the thickness of the back of the cranium or something.

Comment

depends on the severity of the disability. I've hired DS workers before with no problem. they do the task well enough. they can live full productive lives

Comment

I would like to think I could, but obviously you never know until your in that situation. However, I'm positive I wouldn't abort the kid if he showed signs of Down syndrome before birth.

My best friends cousin growin up had Down syndrome and honestly he was self dependent enough to where his parents could manage taking care of him. I'd imagine the early years were far more difficult for them but it was really a joy to be around and interact with him.

My girl told me the other day she would prefer a kid with Down syndrome. I was pretty shocked but she explained to me how she believes they are the closest thing to a pure soul and it would be an honor for her to be a mom to a child like that.

Comment

If I had a big enough cage; they still need to go for exercise once in a while though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                    I would like to think I could, but obviously you never know until your in that situation. However, I'm positive I wouldn't abort the kid if he showed signs of Down syndrome before birth.

My best friends cousin growin up had Down syndrome and honestly he was self dependent enough to where his parents could manage taking care of him. I'd imagine the early years were far more difficult for them but it was really a joy to be around and interact with him.

My girl told me the other day she would prefer a kid with Down syndrome. I was pretty shocked but she explained to me how she believes they are the closest thing to a pure soul and it would be an honor for her to be a mom to a child like that.
                    Shes almost spot on except the pure part is subjective. I work with special needs of all kinds heckled I even hang out with some out side of work . They know and grew up knowing how to manipulate people they have done it their whole lives and are expert. They can guilt you into doing things they lie steal and do some crazy ish man . Ive been punched kicked bit stabbed and hair pulled by some because of the way they were raised allowed to do what they pleased, believe it or not many are become pedophiles both men and women but it gets swept under rugs because of their disability and are just sent to a state facility.its all on how well nurtured they are and if they get help or just moved along in life . In my work after After a few months or years of behavior replacement most become well enough to where they can hold a steady job mostly walmart or goodwill and have their own place. While others dont have a mean bone intheir body they are always happy to see you I dont mean this disrespectful or in bad intentions but they are like dogs they give you unconditional love they do anything to make you happy it like having an inocent child all their life pure inoccents and again I mean it in the best way possible

Comment

i would, who am i to take a babys life.

Comment

Working...
                      X