No announcement yet.

What's Next For Kevin Mitchell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Next For Kevin Mitchell?

He hinted at retirement if he lost this bout.

Personally I still think he can fight for a world title but he needs to use his boxing skills more. His fight with Burns was a Lightweight vs a Welter (no disrespect to Ricky) & he might be able to come good again.

He did beat Murray more impressively than Brandon Rios.

But he does have a fragile mentality & that could mess him up in future high profile bouts.

A fight with Emiliano Marsili would be a good step back. Low risk of KO & Euro belt in the process.

wasn't expecting a KO from Burns, but he looked massive. Mitchell is 27, still has time to come again as long as he doesn't hit the bottle again.

Comment

He shouldn't retire just yet. Have a couple of fights at European Level and then go for a World title again. Although based on last night his chin is a worry and the likes of Broner and Gamboa would kill him.

Comment

His is a far better jabber, boxer when he moves. I don't know why he traded so much with Burns.

Comment

Not sure what he can do now , maybe a rematch with Murray or a Scott Harrison fight or like you said a euro shot . I think he will carry on cause he ain't made much money out of boxing so he will have to wich also makes the euro shot a good move as its quite good money defending that belt . As far as Mitchell winning a world tittle I can't see it now he's been stopped a few times at this weight I think it's obvious he's really a super feather , boys like burns ,broner and demarco are just so much bigger the only way he gets a world tittle is if he successfully drops back down

Comment

There was a time in the not too distant past where I had high hopes for Mitchell. But now I think it is best he considers another line of work. I can't see much use in continuing at this point.

Comment

I don't get how he can look so good against Prescott but get blown out in a few rounds by Katsidis and Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                I don't get how he can look so good against Prescott but get blown out in a few rounds by Katsidis and Burns.

His life went to **** somewhere in between. He's never gonna be world champion. Doesn't have the mentality.

Comment

I think Mitchell has suffered from lack of activity. He's a very good fighter, but not world class. Perhaps he could go back to Euro level and try and get another shot at world level.

Personally I think he should drop back to SFW.

Comment

Such a shocker.

I don't want him to retire a fight with Scott Harrison would be brilliant. He can still make some good dough so I don't think he should call it a day.

I am gutted for him though as I thought he would be a world-class fighter. But he did get bludgeoned by a guy who is essentially despite his massive size and strength a non-puncher. So he is strictly European level.

Maybe he could have a Ryan Rhodes type career.

Comment

Working...
                    X